Fifteen

Two Weeks Later

Alice's POV

Two weeks have passed and nothing interesting has happend. Otis has continued his sex therapy and he's doing really well. I've spent much more time with Maeve, mainly due to her tutoring and with her help, I'm improving greatly. I've also gotten closer to Hailee, she's a really cool girl and we have a lot in common.

However...Maeve and Jackson are getting even closer and I can't help but feel jealous when I see them together. Eric is supportive but he's the only one I have for support.

Eric, Otis and I were sat in the canteen eating lunch. Maeve was sat with Jackson and he had his arm around her.

Eric and Otis were talking about the drag event they were going to go to for Eric's birthday tomorrow. It was a guys only thing so I wasn't allowed to go but Eric always made sure we did something for his birthday, just the two of us.

I was about to take a bite of my sandwich but I felt someone wrap their arms around my neck.

"Don't get mad but I just submitted your poem into the poetry comp."

I dropped my sandwich and turned to look at Hailee as she sat next to me. She had a huge, proud smile on her face but when she saw the look on mine she soon began to frown.

"I'm sorry...I shouldn't have done that.."

Just as I was about to speak, Eric slammed his hand on the table.

"You did the right thing. That poem is the best thing that Alice has ever written." He smirked.

I glared at him and he casually shrugged his shoulders. He's an asshole, he knew what that poem was about...Better yet, who...And soon the whole school would know too.

I cringed as I remembered what I wrote and Hailee nudged me. "It was really good...Whoever you wrote that about." She leaned in close towards my ear and whispered. "She's a lucky girl."

"I doubt she'll even catch on." I whispered back.

"She might." She said as she pulled away and gave me a wink. "Toodles." She said as she stood up and walked away.

"Who the fuck says toodles?"

I turned around to see Maeve setting her bag down on the floor as she sat down.

"Hey." She smiled as she rested her arms on the table.

"Hey." I smiled shyly. "You want that?" I asked pushing my other sandwich towards her.

"What is it?" She asked lifting the bread up. "Chicken, nice. Thanks." She said as she grabbed the sandwich and took a bite.  "So, rumour has it that you've entered a poem into the poetry competition."

I groaned and slammed my head on the table. Maeve rubbed my back as she laughed.

"Come on, your creative writing has improved a lot since I've helped you."

"It's not that...It's...It's cringe and it's...About someone."

Maeve stopped rubbing my back and I sat up. I looked at her and she looked surprised. "You have a crush?"

"Maybe."

"What happend to not keeping things from me? I need a definate answer."

"Ooh fiesty." Eric smirked. "Sorry." He said quickly looking away as Maeve and I glared at him.

"Yes. I have a crush."

"Good for you." Maeve said standing up. "I think I know who it is. I gotta go, see you guys in the assembly hall for the poetry results."