Eleven

Alice's POV

I was confused when we reached school, it was Sunday so what business did we have here?

I followed Maeve and she led me through the never ending school corridors until we reached a room next to the gym that I've never been in before.

"Hey Maeve...How did you know school would be open today?" I asked before she could open the door.

"Jackson has swimming practice, he's also the one that told me about this." She grinned as she opened the door.

I looked around in amazement as we walked inside. There was a boxing ring, three punch bags and three speed balls. In the corner there was a bench press.

Against the wall were wooden lockers for people to put their equipment.

When I turned around to look at Maeve, she had two black boxing gloves in her hands.

"I didn't know what size you'd need so I got you medium."

I took the brand new gloves from her hands as my smile grew. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet, we don't even know if they fit you yet." She laughed.

I removed my jacket and threw it to one of the lockers. I grabbed the left handed glove first and inserted my hand inside.

"Perfect fit!" I said as I grabbed the other glove. "Could you help me please?"

Maeve gently pulled my arm towards her and she pulled the strap across my wrist and securely fastened it.

I walked towards the punch bag and let out a deep breath as I got into a dominant stance. I jabbed hard with my right hand before hitting the bag with a left hook.

"This isn't gonna work." I sighed.

"Why?"

"I don't have free movement, my shirt is kinda restricting it. Hang on." I bit the velcro strap on my right hand and pulled it. I freed my hand and then unfastened my other glove.

I placed them carefully on the floor before I began to unbutton my shirt.

"You sure about that?" Maeve asked as she sat down on one of the benches.

"Why wouldn't I be? Female boxers, box in sports bras, I'm just in a bra. Not much of a difference." I shrugged as I removed my shirt and threw it towards Maeve who caught it.

I put my gloves back on and began to punch the bag again. I felt all of the stress and all of the anger leave my body. This was the best feeling ever.

"Hey, Alice."

I stopped punching as Maeve walked towards me. I turned around but she gently made me turn around again. She grabbed my hair and I could feel her tie it up with a bobble.

"Ew, you're sweaty." She laughed as I turned around.

"Why don't you come have a go?"

"I'm good, thanks."

"Why don't you get in the ring and sparr with me?"

"Like I said, I'm good."

"Aww, is little Maeve scared she'll get her ass kicked?" I teased.

Maeve poked her tongue into her cheek and crossed her arms. "Get your ass into that ring now."

I ran towards the ring and climbed through the ropes as Maeve grabbed some spare gloves from the stock room.

She soon returned with some red gloves. She got into the ring and I helped her put them on before we each went into a corner.

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" I smirked as I jumped lightly on the spot.

"Are YOU ready to get YOUR ass kicked?" She challenged as she walked towards me.

I met her in the centre and began to jab at her. She tried to hit me with a right hook but I side stepped and punched her stomach lightly.

She tried to punch me in the face but I put my hands up, causing her to just punch my gloves.

We both went for a punch at the same time so I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a clinch.

"Looks like you needed a breather. You looked tired out from your weak punches." I taunted.

"I don't need a breather. I can go all night." She whispered in my ear.

"Is that so?"

"Oh yeah."

I could almost tell she was smirking, but the way she was speaking was making a weird feeling happen down in my privates. I tried to shake the feeling but it wouldn't go.

I went to push her away but she pushed first and so I ended up pulling her. We both fell to the ground and she landed on top of me, laughing. I, on the other hand was frozen in place as the feeling down there got stronger.

Maeve rolled off me and we just layed there in silence, catching our breaths and cooling down. A few moments later, Maeve sat up.

"I'm gonna see Jackson, meet me at the pool in about fifteen minutes?"

"Sure." I nodded my head.

Maeve removed her gloves as she stood up and left them in the ring. I just layed there, confused...What was that feeling? I've definetly never felt that feeling before.

I should probably ask Eric later.

I sat up and looked around the small boxing gym, thank you Maeve...I think I just found my new favourite place.