✨"Reeds"✨

"I grew up in a confused house; too much unwanted attention or none at all

too much unwanted attention or none at all."

-Mary Oliver

~~~
Amelia's room

~~~Amelia's room ⬆

Amelia's Pov.
◀️🧡▶️

"Daddy, I want a new car. My car has become old-fashioned. When will you buy me a brand new car?", I heard my cousin asked my uncle, her dear dad, for a brand new car. "Soon princess. First, let me sign the contract with Reeds, and then I will buy you a new car", I heard my uncle promised her daughter. My aunt added,"That won't be a problem. You have a diamond named Amelia from your deceased brother, in our possession".

'Yeah. I'm just a toy for doing all your works'

"Mommy, that's my name now, not that slave. In fact, I love this name. Everyone respects me. By the way, can I meet Damon Reed?", Emilia said.

'They don't respect you. They respect the name. A huge difference'

A maid opened the door to my room and placed dinner on the table for me, before locking the door again.

I could still hear the voices of happiness and joy from inside my room. It always hurt me a lot. I got up from my old, little broken bed, leaving my laptop on the bed, and went towards the window. Everyone looked happy with their families and friends, except me.

'I lost my family'

I returned to my bed and started working on my laptop when I heard the sound of the door unlocking. I turned and found my uncle standing at the door.

"Emilia, don't forget to finish the presentation and submit it before the meeting. This is very important to us. Don't try to mess up it", Uncle ordered me before locking the door of my room again.

'Emilia? Is this my birth name? My real name has been stolen by my cousin. Amelia Collins, the name my mother gave me, now officially belonged to my cousin'