26. Call me KING!

Now I want to test all of you. Neil - you will be instructing the whole team for atleast 12 hours straight. Every hour, one member is allowed to break off if nobody takes a break of more than 100 seconds in that hour. If someone crosses 100, the breakout hour starts again. No rest shall last more than 150 seconds. James, however, will be the last one to break off. Let's see how much you guys are willing to take pain on his behalf. Report in the field thirty minutes from now."
General said without a heart.

It was an impossible task indeed.
Working out for twelve hours straight. And I wasn't the only one in shreds - everyone was.

"What's wrong with you guys?"
I asked them when I heard a few groans.

"We're being ridden since last night."
Major Richard Marks spoke rubbing his neck.

Damnit.
They are not ready for this heroic task too.

"I'm going to call it off."
I said as I got up.

"How? By walking up to him and saying that you are too weak to face one shot he threw at you? Or that you feel pity for these men who, in real, are stronger than he thinks?"
Neil snapped at me.

"I... I..."
"Won't last that long?"
He completed my stamenent and I looked down sealing my lips.

"We all know you won't. Even he knows you won't. He just wants to see you trying your best."
Neil continued when I said nothing.

"But I can't let others suffer because of me! If it was just me, I would have given it my all."

"High time you learn the definition of team, James!"
He said standing up annoyed.

"Sir.."
Blundell quickly walked to us.

"You both are right. But there's no other solution now. We have to go by what the Commander has said. Whatever we do now, will reflect upon all of us together."
He then turned to me.
"Sir, if that helps, then hear this - we're here for our own benefit. We wanted to be a team, and we've got a chance. You just helped us in getting that chance. We'll try our best to plough on. You just have to give your best to win."

He tried to convince me with raised eyebrows.
Though it did nothing to passify me, rather made me feel more guilty.
But I nodded a yes for the sake of all hopeful eyes set on me.

"All set? Time to report."
Neil called loudly.

With a loud 'Yes sir' we walked out to the ground to meet General Warren waiting there.

"You and your boys ready, Captain Neil?"
He asked.

"Yes sir."
"Think again. Because if anyone is planning to take a break more than the permitted time, he'll be responsible for you restarting your CT from day 1."
Warren said and all of us were shunned.

Neil was about to complete his CT in a few days. He had worked hard on me, Kelly and everyone else despite having a schedule of his own. His seniors were making it so difficult for him already. If he is made to start it all over again, it's all going to the dumps.
Damn you Warren!

"Get started."
Commander said before Neil could respond. I don't think he was in favour of accepting that challenge either.

One can not imagine the state I was in.
I rest on my ass for more than a hundred and fifty seconds, and Neil will have to pay for it by going through the humiliation all over again.
Fuck my life!

We started with Neil at the stands and rest five of us on the field.
Me, Kelly, Waldo, Blundell and Marks.
I'm glad a few members skipped because they were out for the night.