27. Overruled

"Trial officer Lieutenant James Dwight - your trial of fifty days gets over. Your tests are over. And so are your dreams."

************************************

They were not kidding when they said it's not a child's play.

Class-I agent is everything one can think of, and then some more.

Based on how much brain and muscle one needs to be a good Class-I, I think I'm lucky enough to have cleared the test. Why else would they think I can do this?

I never doubted myself, but this was a huge deal.
Now I understood what was the huge fuss about letting a cadet become an agent without experience.

It needs so much knowledge, alertness, maturity and discipline to stand with these men and go for missions. It's definitely not a child's play or cadet's play as they called it.

But guess who proved them wrong.
Lieutenant James Dwight proved them that a cadet can be good enough to stand besides them.

They've tested me that I'm good.
Now it was time for training to become better.
And I think I was back to KMA.

Back to back stressing lectures, drills, demonstrations, visits and Charles had sworn to bite my ass harder since I had started my official training.

The only person keeping me sane was Kelly.
We were both beginners allowed to work with Pro. He was even more unexperienced than me. I had atleast spent three years at an academy. He saw forces after he entered CCTC as a recruit. What a pathetic way to enter the hell.

But how he possessed so much of determination was beyond me.
The first meeting with him where he passed out just to be in Neil's team - I still can't believe he's a human.

And Charles left no muscle of his body from turning sore.
Result?
He was a bull now.
In just two months Charles has turned him into a Viking.

He kept Kelly with him all the damn time, like a shadow. Kelly was always in the 'getting screwed up' mode. I doubt Charles let him sleep a single minute more than four hours a day. Poor boy stayed mum and went through everything.

He reciprocated all efforts by the cruelest instructor. Charles never went easy on him. Afterall he was preparing Kelly to become the next Charles! And boy did he turn out to be equally badass.

His hand to hand combat was as fucking great as Charles himself. He underwent so much of screwing that he damn well knew what the breaking point was.

It was all Charles's efforts that he just slipped through his tests and passed. He was an official member of our team now and Charles couldn't look any prouder.

Kelly not just gained knowledge and skills from Charles, but also his trust. Charles treated him like his own son, just little better than a slave though.

****************

"Alright! We're going for firing practice!"
Charles announced and I did a flip.
Finally!
Finally I'll get to use a weapon.

The last time I held one peacefully was almost six months back in KMA.
The tests weren't that walk in the park, so I won't count that.

My hands were itching to get hold of a rifle, any rifle!

"Except Lieutenant James."
Neil added and all my excitement turned into steam.
What in the actual fuck!

"Why?"
I asked him bluntly. Though he was standing right next to me and I used my lowest tone possible, everyone must have noticed the aggression in my voice.