32. Insight

"We're having a race. He's just boasting."
Neil said and I split my sides in laughter.

"24 hours with Instructor Charles."
He spoke after thinking for a few moments.

"Done. Tomorrow morning 0600 hours."
"Fine."

********************

"You don't get tired or what?"
Neil asked wheezing.

I just laughed and continued taking deep breaths.
Within a minute I was ready to go again.

"Five more miles?"
I challenged him getting up.

"Are you out of your mind?!"
Neil's tone was incredulous.

I heard Kelly, Marks, Waldo and even Charles snigger.

"You placed the bet, sir. And you've lost three races. You want a fourth chance?"
I continued teasing him while he stayed flat on the ground.

"No. I'm good. I lose alright? I quit."
He said keeping a hand on his loud thumping heart about to burst right out of his chest.

"In that case, I have a bad news for you Captain Neil... "
Charles said hopping off the platform he was sitting on.

"I know that you know that you own me for next 24 hours, Instructor Charles. I just hoped that you'll give me some time before you begin."
Neil passed me a glare for telling his ass owner about our bet. He knew he was grandly fucked.

"That's not the bad news. The bad news is that I've cancelled all my sessions with the boys and CTOs for next 24 hours so that I can burn you whole."
Charles said unimpressed.

While all of us hooted and whistled for 24 hours of freedom, Neil replied shocked. "Why would you do that to me?"

We were still snorting when Charles spoke "You can't just give up. Be it running or fighting or anything. That's one thing I don't expect from anyone of you. You need to pay."

"Haven't you seen yourself? He's not a human, he's a horse in the body of a human. He can run all day for weeks! He cheated!"
Neil said pointing towards me and I winked.

Take it bitch.
He said I was boasting.
Guess who wasn't lying.

"Cheating or not, you gave up and not him. He eats the same as you, sleeps the same as much as you. The least I expect from you is give your best. Faint or die but don't give up."
Charles spoke turning to me.

I went a few steps closer to him to handle the ongoing damage and whispered.
"Instructor, it was just a joke. He was pulling my leg, so I pulled all of him. He didn't give up on the efforts, he gave up on teasing me. You need not go all hulk on him."
I requested him gently. Afterall he saved my ass when I was about to have an outing without permission and one moment away from getting fucked by commander.
But for the rest of his cockiness, he deserved more than just 24.

He passed a glare at Neil who stood up with much efforts.
"Fine. But he's still in for 24 hours."
He ordered me loudly.

"All yours! Make it 48 if you want."
I said making everyone roar in laughter.

"I'll kill you!"
Neil mouthed behind Charles and I hid a giggle.

"Sir, kindly report at the gym in thirty minutes."
Charles turned towards him, passed the order and left.

Immediately I was on the floor with my face pushed into the mud, my arm pulled behind my back painfully and Neil's knee rooted deep in my spine.

"You cheater! You knew you're god gifted and can't be defeated. Still you challenged me to beat you. Made me place a deadly bet too! You... You... Ugh!"
He lifted himself off while I shamelessly laughed despite a paining shoulder.