02|how to tame

Подарок

Подарок

Life was offered to us like a gift. A gift that one has to craft into shapes that satisfies the desires of living. A Lot of humans fail to understand the power they hold in their hands, the power to create a universe around themselves and live like deities. 

My hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as I drove through the crowded streets. The night had crawled in like an insane demon ready to possess the world. 

A mixture of fumes from vehicles gushed through the half-open car window. Honks of automobiles as they moved about, created mellifluous havoc which harassed my ears. The blue dome was rapidly turning into a shade of black, an indication that a storm was approaching. I accelerated my speed towards my destination which was a few blocks away. 

I had thirty minutes to finish the operation and go for a dinner with grandma, that I couldn't miss.

I parked my car in a usual gas station, a few meters from my destination. I put on a black hoodie and a mask to conceal my identity. 

The owner of the gas station who was an old man was busy arguing with a lady whose voice was another irritating noise. She had her hair in a ponytail and she kept fixing her jacket on her shoulder which was slipping off due to the way she kept throwing hands on the man. Her old-looking car was parked behind her. The door to the driver's seat was open.

I grabbed my gun and fixed it on my jeans then stepped out. I slammed the door shut which caught the two snapping in my direction.

"Wait here!" The old man roared at the lady.

"Oh, I am waiting!" Her shrill voice echoed in the area. The old man began approaching me and before he got to me, we both snapped to the car which roared to life. The lady was running away.

"Hey," The old man began chasing after the car. "My money, my–" He paused and halted instantly from the sound of the gunfire. That was followed by a car hitting a metallic trash can, it had stopped. 

The old man turned to me, I lowered my gun and then glared at him. The nerve of him to leave me waiting just to follow a stupid old car. 

The lady stepped out and ran to the side mirror that I had shot. I ignored her and turned to the old man who had approached me, looking all obedient.

"I see you visited again, sir." His thick voice resonated as soon as he got to where I was. 

"Here is the car keys." I handed him my car keys. "Twenty minutes!" I addressed him while placing the keys on his palm then scurried away. I Ignored the lady who was barking at me.

The old man knew his job very well. One slight mistake and he would be dead meat together with his brother. The two were always on shift at the gas station. They were identical twins which was advantageous to my business.