69|lost in pain

I hid in the hospital for days

I hid in the hospital for days. Not like the world was after me, but the way things went, it all felt unreal. 

Dmitri’s presence wasn't felt anymore. 

The quietness wasn't a good one. The death of a German Billionaire, Gunter Zimmermann hit every corner of the media. Though there was something that happened that hid the real cause of his death, everyone was in shock at the old man’s death, an old man who received a bullet I pulled.

Dad had been behind bars for those days. He was arrested for the attempted murder of Malia Mark. Yes, Malia was right about Dad having conspired with her father to set Dmitri up, but why was her father lying about everything? He knew everything, yet he set everything up and got my dad behind bars.

Funny how I did not worry to see Dad being arrested, because if Mark had not gotten him arrested, I could have done the same, or worse, or nothing, I just didn't know. 
I couldn't call it love for my father to live all those years knowing very well where Mum was, in the name of protecting Cole and me. Mum had been in a mental asylum. She was forced to take mental pills every day, which led to her having mental issues. Her loss of hair was the effect of some of the drugs they forced on her.

I saw the evidence with my eyes. Dad got captured on CCTV camera when he visited Mum in the mental institution. The way mum begged Dad to get her out of the place, but like a heartless person, Dad walked out, leaving mum on her knees, ignoring her cries. He watched us grow without Mum. I even used to wonder how comfortable he was without Mum, only to realize he knew what was happening, where she had been locked, and the pain she was going through.

Dmitri solved the family mystery, but where was he? In bed, alone.

I only wanted to be by his side. For three days, I have been staying in his room to help him fight, to help him sleep, to help him breathe.

I was required to be everywhere. A tiny part of me wanted to visit Dad, then another part wanted to get out and go to the door next to where Dmitri was, door 415, a room where Maksim was.

Maksim Konstantin, famously known as Ronan Martorano, and to those he fooled, he was Liam. He surprisingly got entangled in the chaos we were in. I did not care about how he showed up, but he was the one who protected Alessia from getting shot. I heard he also hacked the door to the mental institution storeroom where Dmitri and his brother were stuck.

He was next door, but his wound was not worse, he only got one bullet, unlike Dmitri who got three, making it four with the scratch bullet wound that I was responsible for.

One bullet caught a heart vein, which led to a successful surgery. But I wasn't sure if I needed to say it was successful, maybe until I heard his voice again.

The sound of the door squeaking open caught me. I lifted my face, drifting my eyes to the door. Mum walked in together with Caitlin. The two were carrying bags of food, again, yet the food they brought that morning was still untouched.