70|last Brother

-unedited-

I lifted my face from Dmitri's phone screen and settled my eyes on the door that screeched

I lifted my face from Dmitri's phone screen and settled my eyes on the door that screeched. I expected to see Grandma since she did not come during the day, or even Caitlin and Alessia, but the face was the last person I expected. 

The fake PA. 

He was all changed to someone who had his own dark aura. Oh, of course, he did. His unruly hair was long gone, now a perfect set of brown hair, falling perfectly on either side of his forehead and back. No more fake glasses that he used to keep adjusting; you'd think he was nervous. And no more ridiculous clothes.

He was 'a man'

By that, I meant, he stood high on the ground like a no-nonsense man. His physique had to give you some goosebumps when I said Konstantins were an art of perfection, one needed to include Liam, I mean, Maksim, or whatever his name happened to be.

He made his way in. I still did not know where he got shot, I only knew that he saved Alessia back then. 

Among a few things that also left me confused was how he was alive because Dmitri had his crawls ready to tear him down in pieces.

I had this hidden anger harbored in me. First, he shot Caitlin, second, the motherfucker kidnapped me, and third, he touched me. The last part was a salt to my soreness.  

Though he was in my face, where I could ask all the questions I had,  seeing him fueled me to the last of my nerves.

The silent night —except of course for the hospital machines making noise and the heavy rain striking the windows— got disturbed by a man who was supposed to be considered family.

I sat beside Dmitri. I had been reading him his emails and the work he was missing. Though he was still unconscious, I just wanted tk talk to him, somehow feeling that he heard me. 

It's there I realized that he was loaded, he had a lot to handle out there. He was always working his ass off.

Starting from mafia business to the Diamond jewelry company, and some running organizations that needed his act as the owner. Being rich to him was not as easy as people thought, and especially the aspect of running a mafia team. 

Maksim stood at the end of the bed facing Dmitri. Where was Liam in him? The nervous PA? The man before me looked focused and dangerous. 

"Isn't this funny?" His voice—no, I must say that he was good at faking—was anything but Liam. "This motherfucker is my brother."

I fluttered my eyes shut for a brief moment before opening them. Pushing the seat behind me, I got up and stepped to him, staring into his eyes with the most sensitive gaze I could offer. "Say that again." I dared, gritting. 

He cocked his brow. "What? Motherf—" He never finished when I rewarded him a sound slap across his face, it echoed so perfectly.

"Say again," I repeated.