27|the cries of ecstasy

-Mature +18-

Машина

Inna left me in the car after we got home. She never questioned anything and as a matter of fact, she was quiet the whole drive. I assumed maybe she was still taking in what I told her earlier.

It wasn't entirely a lie, I kill people, but where the police were involved was a pure lie. 

Once she disappeared into the mansion, I took my phone and went through the email that Rodion sent. It never gave me peace the whole time. I had been pretending that I never received it. 

Once I opened it, I was welcomed by an old-looking photo that one could say was captured in the 90s. What caught me scrutinizing was the baby wrapped in a white shawl. 

I knew I was after some grown-up ass men, not a baby. The men who were after Grandma said they were looking for someone who knew the baby, now we needed to look for a damn little baby?

I sighed.

I wanted to call Rodion but paused when a beeping sound caught me. It was the alert of someone walking into my bedroom. I knew it was Inna, but something made me look. 

She tossed her clutch on the bed and furiously ran her fingers through her hair. She looked bothered and it was interesting to watch. 

Suddenly, she turned to the door and stared silently. That's when she tiptoed to the door and surprisingly, she locked it.

My brows creased. 

She stood in the middle of the room for a second with her eyes roaming around. I could only see the way her head swayed. And just immediately, she went to the table beside the bed and began pulling the drawers in search of something.

I chuckled. She was not convinced and maybe I needed ways to tame her crawls. 

She moved in every corner searching for something she needed dearly. I was prepared before she even came to my house, there was nothing to see. Everything she wanted to see was in my territory, where her father was.

Her father saw me and recognized me immediately. I also saw fear in his eyes when he realized I was rescuing him. I could feel the questions he was dying to ask, but the man was badly injured to even make a sound.

When Inna realized she was fighting with air, she gave up. She unlocked the door and took off the shirt she was wearing, remaining only with her briefs as she went to the washroom.

I exhaled and turned the phone off. The urge to leave and go run some errands was killing me, but I wanted to be around her. Leaving the house when things were messy could give her more doubts. 

I decided to go inside.

She was in the shower when I got into the room. I could heed the water falling hard on the tiled floor.