49|his woman

Caitlin squealed as she examined the ring on my finger

Caitlin squealed as she examined the ring on my finger. She looked happier, as though she was the one who got proposed to.

"I love it. I fucking love it." She giggled like a kid meeting Santa. "Tell me, how did it happen?"

I breathed. Thank God I had someone to share these things with. I could have blasted if I was to keep all the joy on myself. "He took me to the beach, at the best view of the rising sun. He confessed his love again and made promises." I twisted my lips. "If you ask me, his way of proposing was way more unique and romantic than those in movies."

She stared, which made me feel like I said something irrelevant."Dmitri Valastro confessed he loved you?" she looked alarmed.

"So many times," I scoffed. "I mean, he confessed."

She squealed again. "Ah! I'm so jealous." She pouted and leaned her elbow on the table. She then placed her chin carefully on her palm. "How does it feel?"

I let out a sharp exhale. I could feel tickles all over my body. "Like a dream." I smiled while looking at the ring again. "This is not real."

"I am happy for you." She confessed, and I gave her a warm smile.

"Thank you." My heart melted at the thought of it. "To be honest, this means a lot to me. I know he is my man. I am his woman."

The world did not have to give its thumbs up for us. What mattered was our happiness. Dmitri and I knew what we shared, and I knew what I felt for him. It was not fake; it was real.

"We must celebrate this good news. My treat tonight."

"I-" I paused when a knock echoed. Liam ambled in, carrying an envelope and his iPad. I noticed he changed his eyeglasses. I assumed he got his fit.

"Good morning," He greeted us.

"Good morning." Caitlin and I answered in unison.

"You have a meeting with restaurant employees." He reported.

I did not get to answer when Caitlin got up. "You know what? I will go on her behalf. Our boss is off today."

I laughed. "Oh please. I can do that."

"No. You will sit there and examine that ring as much as you want. Kiss it if you must." She winked and then turned to Liam. "Liam, report to me all her activities today. I will handle them."

"Yes, Ma'am," Liam said with respect racing in his tone.

"I'll go to that meeting. See you later, bride-to-be."

"Ha. Ha." I let out a sarcastic laugh. She disappeared from the office, leaving me with my PA.

"You received a letter this morning." Liam handed me the envelope he had been holding.

"Oh?" I took it. It only had my name on it. Inna Grace Ruslan. "Where is it from?"

"I'm not sure." He adjusted his eyeglasses, which made me roll my inner eyes. It was Liam's habit. I had to settle with that.