43|his life before me

There was nothing suspicious

There was nothing suspicious. I cleared the air though that did not respite the feeling flowing inside me. 

The fact that he used the same password that he used for his penthouse meant that he had nothing to hide. I could access the phone whenever. 

I walked back into the room to return the phone. I was quiet not to wake him up. He seemed to need the rest more than anything. I placed it in its earlier position. There was nothing to see there, so I decided to go and read a book. 

I hadn't made a step when a vibrating sound caught me gasping. Talk about bad timing. I swiftly grabbed the phone to stop it but I was too late. He caught me just when I had picked it in my hands. 

His sleepy eyes were on me. He looked at me as though he was trying to understand why I had his phone in my hands, or why I wasn't in bed.

I averted my gaze from him to the ringing phone. Being caught again with his phone felt like I couldn't be trusted. I could have explained a lie but I held it. That was when I saw who was calling.  It was someone called 'Pretty'

Pretty was calling. 

Universe showed me something that I missed when I was checking his phone. Right on time.

"Answer it." He whispered in his raspy voice. Yes, he was saying that because he did not know who was calling. It was someone he considered pretty. 

I was beautiful to him. 

The person calling was 'pretty'

Very sure  that there was Cute

Gorgeous 

Sexy

Hot.

There were all those women he categorized as such. And I wondered what category Malia was. Or maybe she was the one calling.

Telling me to answer it meant that he didn't understand what he was saying. He needed to snap out of his sleep and grab the phone.

"Who is calling?" He asked after realizing I wasn't going to answer it.

I did not talk, instead, I  showed him the screen. He scrutinized it and a cuss fled through his lips. 

Fuck indeed. 

I was sure he hated the fact that I saw it. Who calls anyone in the middle of the night anyway? 

"Just answer it." He murmured then shut his eyes.

"It's your phone, answer her." I pushed the phone to him. I was ready to leave and bless him with privacy so he could talk to his pretty woman. 

He opened his eyes again. He examined me silently before he grabbed my hand and pulled me. I fell on the bed next to him. 

"You are gloomy tonight, what's wrong?" He asked while wrapping one hand around my shoulder. He then used his free hand to take the phone from me.

Before I answered him, he answered the call. Surprisingly, he set the phone on a loudspeaker.