76|the Feelings

For those asking----->
Book 1 (Mafia and the Golden girl) --->Alessia And Rodion.
Alessia had a friend , Carina...and Isabella is Carina's small sister. Alonzo is Alessia's brother. I hope this clears the confusion. Thank you.

"I hate her

"I hate her." Cole had this bitterness towards Isabella. But I saw how the drowning scared him. The way he panted for air and the look in his eyes. It must have scared him to face death. "I hated her the first time I saw her." He continued, and I hugged him tighter. "I don't want to be her friend."

I looked up at Mum who stood frozen as she watched us. We were in one of the guest rooms in Alessia's mansion where I took Cole.

Mum walked to us and occupied the space beside Cole. Reaching her hands to his shoulder, she pulled Cole and cupped his cheeks. 

"Look, Isabella wants to be your friend so bad that she will do anything." Cole kept shaking his head and mum whispered. "I don't encourage what she did to you, but she is sorry. Did you see how she was crying downstairs? I am sure she is sorry."

"She wanted to kill me." 

I shook my head, my eyes tearing again. I could not imagine what could have come of him if no one showed up in time. 

"It's okay. You are okay. You can't die. Remember you promised to protect me when you grow up?" I whispered and his lips stretched into a small smile.

"I will." He glanced up at me. "I will fight anyone who hurts you."

"I know." I pecked his hair which wasn't completely dry. "I'm sorry that happened."

"I don't like Isabella." 

"Okay, Cole," I looked at Mum and she nodded. "maybe try playing with her later, you'll see she is nice."

"No. I don't want to be friends with her."

"Okay." Mum pulled Cole and hugged him. "Let's get you warm first, then we will join Inna in cutting the cake, right?"

Once Cole had calmed down, I left Mum as she told him about some cute stories about Santa. He had calmed down and already smiling. I also wanted to see Isabella, she was a kid and I knew she did not think Cole would die in the pool.

Once I opened the door, I met Dmitri standing outside. He looked frustrated but hid it behind his concerned face. He stepped to me once I closed the door. "How is he?"

"Fine. He got scared but I think he is okay now." I took his hand and we both walked towards the sitting area where the rest were waiting. 

"There are just kids."

"Yes. Isabella probably did not know it would be that bad."

"Hm." He hummed, something was bothering him, and it had to be his brother Maksim.