79|the Night In Club

A sigh fled through me as I dialed my wife's number again

A sigh fled through me as I dialed my wife's number again. I called her for the third time and received no answer. That was unlike her, she never ignores my calls, and knowing we were okay in the morning when we left for work, concerned me.

I stopped tracking her phone to grant her freedom, forgetting she also needed safety. I was risking her safety thinking it was all for freedom.

When the call ended, I decided to locate her through her friend, Caitlin. They were inseparable and chances were that they were together. Knowing I did not have Caitlin's number, I called Akim.

"Boss."

"Find whether Caitlin is with Inna. Immediately." I ordered, walking back and forth in our room. It was too late for her to be out unless she went to her mother's place.

"Yes, They are in a club together." 

My brows pulled together. "In the club?"

"Yes, they went to the club after work." He reported and I sighed. What sort of madness was happening? No wonder I did not find her at work. I wondered what changed with her not informing me about some things beforehand.

"Text me the club they are in."

"It's your club in the town." 

Good for her to go to my place, I knew she was safe there because the workers knew who she was. But still, I drove my way to the club to witness what had come with my wife.

The club was whale-packed as always, bodies of young and aged beings hovering around, some walking in and others out in twos, and expensive cars pulling at the driveway. 

I walked into the noisy space where music played to the stereo, making everything in the room tremble. It was wild, just the way I liked it. 

I paved my way inside, those who weren't much drunk stepped away after recognizing me. Some of my workers noticed me, ready to prepare a VIP room for me but I stopped them. I needed Inna.

At a distance, I spotted Inna and Caitlin seated on stools at the bar counter, both wearing red dresses that were above their knees. She changed her outfit. They were doing shots, and I knew my wife, she was not good with alcohol. For her to drink, something must have been wrong somewhere.

I advanced towards them but halted again when I saw how happy she looked. Laughing and singing along with the music. It's like she needed it. They looked okay, not like she was stressed about something.  

I breathed, turning to a guard who followed me from the door. I waved him off and headed to the staircase. I could watch her from the balcony and let her have the night. Maybe it was on her list, something she probably wished to do when she was busy being a nanny. 

I stood by the balcony above the crazy club. From the place, I could see her face, she was right below me. Her phone rested upside down on the counter, chances were she never heard it ring.