11| to find you

-unedited-

дочь

I took a sip of the iced whiskey in my glass and then examined the note in my hand again. First I hated his handwriting, it was not for a person addressing his daughter knowing they would disappear from her life. 

Secondly, the audacity to tell her to take care of Cole. As if it was not enough for her to have been her brother's nanny since nineteen.

But a different information was inked on the back of the note. It was written in Russian.

Я хочу, чтобы ты искал меня, мой ангел

"I want you to look for me, my angel." 

I read it out and a scoff followed. There was something behind his disappearance that was not adding up. If someone kidnapped him, they couldn't have let him write Inna a letter. And if they did, it meant that they didn't know Russian, which is why he added the Russian part only for Inna.

That was the only conclusion and I needed to find out.

I set the glass of my unfinished drink on the office table and sighed. I gazed up at Akim who was buried on his laptop. He was seated across where I was perched.

"This note," I tossed it to him. "I believe someone else touched it." 

"Her father?"

"Someone else who is not a Russian." I tapped on it. "Retrieve every fingerprint on the paper." 

He shot his gaze up to me, pausing whatever he was doing. "You are kidding, right?"

I rubbed my jawline. "Is that a no?"

"You have touched it, the girl did and I am sure her brother also touched it. Include–"

"It's for you to do what I instruct, Akim. Find out if we have any fingerprints, run the necessary examination, and give me what you gather." I roughly let out as I opened my laptop. 

"Okay." He faced down to his laptop and continued his other job. "Nothing suspicious on her phone." 

I lifted my face back to him. He was hacking Inna's phone to run some system tests. "There must be something."

"Only an old chat from two years ago." He pushed the laptop to me. It displayed some exchange messages which I assumed was a chat between Inna and whoever the guy was. "It looks like a normal chat, and the guy must have threatened her out of anger.

Inna: and you think I care, don't ever call me again, you son of a bitch.

Lewis: Did you just insult my mother, you whore?

Inna: Maybe you take from her, asshole.

Lewis: I will kill you.

I stopped reading immediately after I read Lewis' text. "Kill him."