17| to Surrender

Кухня

Кухня

I strode into the kitchen where Anita and two other ladies were. Once they saw me, they paused what they were doing to bow to me as a greeting. If I had the energy to argue with them, I could have lashed out at them but I chose to get myself a cup of something considered hot.

The sun had already kissed the ground on our side. I could tell that I overslept but who cared? I was unable to sleep throughout the night until a good slumber slammed me around 5 am.

Though I remember seeing myself sleeping on the sofa but I woke up on the comfy bed. Someone definitely ported me but I sure couldn't remember.

That someone was definitely not the fake husband who left the room and disappeared. It actually felt weird to wake up and not see his face or hear his irritating voice. I could say I was to have a good day for that.

I was about to pick a cup when Anita came flying to me. She made me think I was doing something deemed an abomination, only to see her grabbing the cup from my grip.

"Ma'am, allow me to serve your breakfast."

"I was doing that, if I am not wrong." I tried to be nice and peaceful. "And call me Inna, if not, just don't call me anything."

"I'm sorry but this is my job, also, I am instructed to refer you by-"

"And I instruct you to call me what I want." My voice grew, and I regretted it because that was not the plan. "Look, Anita, it's better we don't argue about this." I took the cup from her grip. "Tell me, where is everyone? Especially, where is Cole?"

"Madam Nikita accompanied Cole to school. Your husband-"

I nearly dropped the cup which had steaming tea in it. "What?"

"I'm sorry?" Anita was a bit confused. Okay, she did not need to know that I was now surprised that Cole was to join school here.

"Never mind. What about Dmitri?"

"He left for work. But is there a driver for you in case you want to go somewhere?"

Great, of course, I wanted to go out and wander around the street to be reminded that I was not a person who belonged to this kind of life. I could use a good walk in malls as I surveyed what was new. Or maybe a nice ride to nowhere.

But I had no time for that, I needed to know about Malia, and one way was to ask Dmitri about their marriage, and why he never talked about it.

Maybe Anita knew something. I darted my orbs around the kitchen in a surveying manner, one of the three ladies in the kitchen was busy on the kitchen island slicing some carrots. She was taller than I was, with ginger hair that was tied up in a bun, just like the other workers in the mansion.

The other short lady was closely older, about early forties. She had black hair and was dressed in the same outfit as Anita and others. She was busy cleaning some mess around the oven.