39|a deal with a devil

"That was not necessary

"That was not necessary." I shook my head as I ambled along with Dmitri who knew nothing about fun. I was not mad, but I was concerned about his life.

"We need the movie hall for an hour or two, they can wait."

I had to question his behavior. When I suggested a movie night, Dmitri went ahead and paid for the whole movie room, which literally kicked out every single person who had already paid for the movie.

The worst was to see the owners agreeing to it like they did not care about the other customers.

"The point was to have fun like others. But renting the whole room for us means we are just here as the rich ass people. There is no fun in it." We stepped in. "See the whole fucking hall. We are gonna get bored as fuck."

I blurted as I followed him. I had gotten snacks, a large can of caramel corn, and a bottle of water. I was excited, but he ruined it.

He never said a word. He just led me inside where we occupied two comfortable seats in the central area of the hall. The seats were comfy, you'd watch the whole night.

The screen in front of us was also enormous. Everything was just perfect, just that we were the two of us.

He was quiet and I couldn't help but turn to him. His eyes were on the screen as he rubbed his jawline gently. He did not look excited about the movie and I knew it wasn't his thing.

"You are bored already?"

He faced me. "I'm not. I just think they are wasting time. Why aren't they projecting the damn movie."

"Relax, not everything goes your way." I scoffed. "You are something."

I picked popcorn and shoved it in my mouth. I crashed it as I enjoyed the delicious taste. I picked another and repeated the same, but this time, my eyes were on him. He was back to just staring at the screen and rubbing his jawline.

It looked like I forced him to do something he was not fond of.

"Fine, let's go because it looks like I forced you to do this. And next time, just say no." I grabbed my things to get up. "Let's go."

"Just watch." He silently uttered while gazing at the screen. I checked the screen briefly, the movie had started.

"It's already boring because of the face you are giving. You don't like the movie I chose? We can change, can't we?"

He sighed and then looked at me. "I hate movie nights." He admitted. I could have asked him why he had to agree to come if he hated but there was something in his eyes that told me it wasn't deliberate. "It was a promise I never kept to Alina and you know, it fucking makes me feel pathetic."

I froze for a freaking moment. Alina was his sister, I couldn't forget the name. That made me understand why he was behaving like he walked in hell.