77|the Best Man

-not edited, sorry-

The laughter echoed in the night, causing me to roll as I coughed

The laughter echoed in the night, causing me to roll as I coughed. The grey night ended up being one of the best I ever had. Chatting with the girls and discussing all the things I missed back years when I was busy taking care of Cole. It was fun.

The Konstantin brothers had a family meeting with Grandma. I knew Grandma wanted to explain to the three brothers about what they missed in life, and gladly, Dmitri did not disagree with it. After I talked with him outside, he relaxed a bit.

Mum was busy chatting with Cole and Isabella.  The two little stubborn kids weren't talking to each other but they seemed to enjoy Mum’s stories. so the three were in the sitting room.

For us, we had our gossiping session in the kitchen after serving everyone evening hot drinks to keep warm. It felt good to get along so well.

“I only told him to pose for my book cover picture.” Carina continued. “I regret doing that.” She talked about Rodion. I hadn't spent quality time with him to know how cold he was but from Carina, I could clearly tell it.

“How could you even expect him to smile after telling him that?” Caitlin asked. “What did he say?”

“He gave her a side gaze that sent me straight to the grave,” Carina said and we all laughed again.

“He can't be that cold,” Alessia said, defending her husband.

“Oh, you are not invited to this conversation.  Just shut up.” Carina pointed. She gave us a knowing look. “She always takes his side.”

“What did you expect?” I asked. “Love first.”

“So how did you meet?” Caitlin asked Alessia and she suddenly coughed, probably because the cookies she was eating passed the wrong tube. I rubbed her back until she calmed then gazed up at Carina and the two laughed.

“It's a long story but to make it short, he kidnapped me.”

My mouth fell open. “He what?” I asked. I seemed to be the only one shocked. Caitlin once told me Ivan used to do that, so she held a neutral expression.

“I'll summarize it, after all I am a writer.” Carina declared and we nodded, leaning closer to the table to get fed. “You see, Alessia and I had this list. We had ticked everything together and breaking our V-card by our eighteenth birthday was on the list. Sadly, she did not. So we had to look for a boyfriend. We found one, his name will never get old.” She chuckled and Alessia scoffed. “Luca. He became so clingy, and we dumped him for Marco. That son of bitch. He hid his identity, so he got Alessia in trouble. Rodion kidnapped Alessia because she knew one of his enemies. And here we are.”

“Damn.” I sipped my drink, letting that sink in. Though I was slowly getting used to mafia life, I still had this side that was against some behavior. One was smoking. Dmitri needed help with that.