53|her missing hours

The darkness behind Liam's eyes practically insinuated that he wasn't the PA who used to serve me

The darkness behind Liam's eyes practically insinuated that he wasn't the PA who used to serve me. I admitted that I loved his coffee, his weird behavior, and the ridiculous clothes he wore.

Seeing his dark side changed me and I suddenly hated him. I hated myself as well for being fooled by his disguises.

At some point, I laughed. He had to be the most perfectionist player in such a dark game. I tried though, even my sanity and little strength in me could admit I pushed every damn thing to the limit.

I had no idea what was more painful at the moment- to be in a similar situation like Dmitri's sister and mother, knowing damn well that it was to break Dmitri, or to learn that Dmitri hid some secrets from me, or perhaps it was Liam who deceived me and shot my friend like he never cared.

Surprisingly enough, Dmitri being the mafia leader wasn't an issue anymore. All the damn clues laid naked before me. I saw his dark side, but I was too ignorant to think about it. He must have been seeing a fool.

The issue was the guy who appeared to be the most fatuous human being ever, he became fearful. At some point, I even thought of offering him pretection, what a joke. I had to be kidding with the universe.

My skin was burning. It felt like I was tossed in a burning forest, but I was just on a bed in an unfamiliar room. Even though my vision was blurry, I managed to grab some leads to the room, we took staircases that led us to several floors. I heard only two doors opening before I was rested on the bed.

The room was possibly painted white because the reflection of the bulb light illuminated the room.

The energy I had was leaving me. I struggled to keep my eyes open but every passing second defeated me. I was free, my feet and hands weren't tied up, yet I couldn't move even a finger.

There had to be some chemical reactions taking place in my body. I felt bulky like my body grew thicker.

Liam approached me and occupied the space on side of the bed. I tried to dodge his hand but who was I kidding, I had no strength.

His hand met my burning skin, a finger ran over my face. He took care of my hair, tucking it behind my ear. Shivers settled in every inch of my body, and tears welled behind my eyes.

His warm breath met my face, and that's when I realized he was leaning down on me. I blinked lazily fighting to keep my eyes open.

"I always knew you were a fighter." His voice rang in my ears, the movement of his lips meeting the shell of my ear. A small voice in me reminded me that he was still Liam, the PA. "Look at you fighting the drug."

"Y-You won't kill me." I had no idea if he even heard my voice because I did not hear myself either.

"I won't, never." A silent chuckle emerged from him. "It's him I want, and you are his weakness."