16|to be ready

Минуты

Fifteen minutes past midnight, I arrived at the Mikhailov estate. I had quite a lot on the mafia side of the business that required my presence in my mafia territory. 

I walked into my office and Akim followed behind. I took off my motorbike gloves and tossed them on the table.

I first went for a drink on a slab set at one corner of the office. I needed some real shit, something that would drive away the insanity in me.

"Gunter Zimmerman is a billionaire. He owns gold reserves in Germany. He is also known to be mysterious as well."

I picked a glass and poured some whiskey as I listened to Akim. Once I had enough of the drink, I ambled to my office chair and sank into it. 

"He had two sons, one died and the other was the one who was to marry Inna's mother," he continued.

"For what reasons?"

"Mrs. Ruslan's father worked in a gold mining company here in Russia, so I believe Gunter was forcing his son to marry Inna's mother to be able to gather information about gold here."

I scoffed, it was getting interesting because the whole shit was taking place in my place. For the gold in Russia to be owned by an asshole from Germany, they had to kill me first.

"Do they have a touch of any gold now?" I asked as I took a desired sip. 

"No. It was a failure because Inna's mother did not get to marry Zimmerman's son. It appears that they failed to gain a good connection." 

"Hm." I nodded then leaned my elbows on the table. "Mendoza prison is where Inna's father is supposedly at. Send a man to do some investigation before we launch our mission." 

"That's a dangerous place. Why is he held there? 

I exhaled soundly. Mendoza was known to be a good locale for assassinating people illegally even though it looked legal to the government. It was where people got tortured, day and night, slowly and painfully until they died. That was the reason Inna's father was locked there, maybe for marrying someone who was engaged to marry Zimmerman's son.

"They want to kill him. We must get him before they do that."

"I will send a spy," He checked his phone which had buzzed. "Oh and Mayer," 

I cocked a brow, yearning to hear about him and desiring to get good news because I wanted to meet him and destroy every last bone in his body.

"He got Walter's body and left Russia."