31| A mysterious message

Действовать

Действовать

Dmitri was the type of guy who talks things through. As long as he was caught in an act, he'd talk and clear the air.

It was a weird character. I felt like he was hard to open up to anyone. But he always explained himself if something was questionable.

The first act was when he was running an operation in the basement. He came clean to me because of course that could have led to us changing our terms.

Then when I accidentally heard his father's name, and that he had a brother out there. He went ahead and revealed to me the broken part of him. His mother and sister.

I concluded his character the night he caught me holding his phone. He never went bombastic about it, rather, he told me not to worry about the broken screen.

The phone still worked, and he saw the message. He was sure I saw it so he went ahead and told me that Alessia was his friend's wife. His friend was Rodion who had invited them to Italy the day they left for the party.

He called her while we were together. He even went ahead and told Alessia that he was with his wife having dinner. It felt good to clear that. Alessia was nice, she was looking forward to meeting me.

Knowing Dmitri was a transparent person. I decided to trust his move and so far, despite him being busy a lot, we were okay.

It had been two weeks since I saw Dad. Dmitri set a date for us to meet but he cleared that Dad was to stay away for a while. That was for the safety of Cole and me.

So Cole and I were on our way to meet our lost father. I missed him terribly.

"I have a surprise for you." I excitedly murmured to Cole as we ambled into a restaurant. It was where we were to meet with Dad.

"It better be something with ice cream," Cole said and I frowned.

"It's better actually."

I located him seated at a table alone. A smile emerged on seeing he was on his feet, all good, except for a band-aid on his forehead. It meant he was recovering.

"Let's go." I pulled Cole. I wanted to fly and jump on Dad, the excitement was unreal.

Dad saw us and got up immediately. A weak smile emerged on his face.

"Dad?" Cole called the moment he saw him. He slipped off my hands and ran to him. Dad scooped him into his arms and hugged him so tight. "Where did you come from?"