38|a new boss

I owned a damn five-star hotel, so I was required to take over as the new owner

I owned a damn five-star hotel, so I was required to take over as the new owner. Thanks to Dmitri who loved doing things his way, now I had something to do every day.

We were back to Russia and things were back to being busy. I loved it because, in my entire life, I had been wishing to wake up every morning and go to work. That was why Anton drove me to Vista Hotel. 

I was nervous about being the boss but Dmitri promised to get me someone who would work with me. I had a lofty feeling that it was Akim, but when I stepped out of the car, I was greeted by a colorful lady. She was clad in a red miniskirt and a white leather jacket. 

Caitlin.

"Hello, Friend." She opened her hands while approaching me. Her smile was as wide as mine. I couldn't hide it, I was happy because Caitlin and I clicked. Now life just got better.

"Tell me it's you." I hugged her back. I was wearing a nice fitting black dress and a white trench coat. I was good with heels, but I could not risk walking around with heels like Caitlin.

"You did what you did and ta-da, my hubby, and I moved  here."

"Thank God." I did nothing like to just tell Dmitri that I wished Caitlin was here in Russia, and well, Dmitri being who he is, they came. "Wanna know something."

"Tell me." She leaned closer, I was ignoring the gazes we were getting as we ambled inside the building.

"I have no idea where to start," I murmured with a smile as if I was giving her good news.

She waved at everyone in the lobby. "Hello. Good morning. Yes, lovely day." She greeted people and then leaned to me. "With me as the general manager, worry not, I got your back."

"It's a relief," I murmured and we both laughed. 

We had arrived at the elevator area which was a bit away from the reception area. I was about to press the button but a guy stepped in. 

"Please, allow me to do it." He murmured. He was dressed in a baggy shirt and oversized trousers. He fixed his eyeglasses and then pressed the elevator button before turning to face us. He bowed. "Good morning. My name is Liam, I am your Personal assistant." He introduced himself. 

Caitlin and I turned to each other for a moment before facing back to the guy. He was tall, standing 6 feet above us. His unruly brown hair was all over his head, some of it covered his forehead. He kept fixing his eyeglasses and I noticed he could not keep eye contact.

"Nice to meet you. I am Inna Grace and this is the new General Manager, Caitlin. "

"We were informed, ma'am." He was holding an iPad against his chest.

The elevator dinged and we all turned to the doors sliding open. He motioned us in and when we stepped in, he quickly walked in too. He looked nervous, you'd think we would bite him.