54|her Enemies

"Why me?"

"Why me?"

Back then when Inna asked the question, it caught me without the correct answer. Maybe it was because she came into my life at the right time— when Grandma was forcing a wife on me.

I saw my type, though the part where it had to come this far was still not in the line. I let the game take us until I fell for her. I meant it when I said I love her. 

Hours turned to a day and another day was crawling in, 40 hours without finding Inna sickened me.

All soldiers at Mikhailov's estate were in the cities of Russia busy hunting. The territory was left empty, except for Cole who was ruling the place with Grandma's dogs and a few maids.

Inna's father was out there as well. Aside from a few threats he hauled my way, he also left to help find Inna. Even knowing he had his own enemies.

I was to find Inna, that was one thing I knew. 

Cole came gunning towards me with the dogs running behind him. His face lit up. "Did you find her?" He asked.

I sighed and then squatted to his level. I promised to show up to the territory with Inna, but a business brought me back. If it wasn't for the sudden business, I couldn't have shown up until I found my wife.

"Go feed the dogs, we will talk later." 

A sad face emerged on him. "Is Inna okay?"

"She is okay. I told you that."

"You are not helping."

"What did I tell you?" I squeezed his small shoulder gently.

"Okay, I will be strong like a man." He balled his fist and punched his chest twice. "For Inna."

"Good," I stood and watched as he ran off with the dogs.

I had to return to the territory with Inna, that was the resolution I settled with as I ambled towards the main building. Akim mentioned that Ivan found Caitlin and brought her. I needed some answers from her. She knew Inna's PA as much as Inna did. I needed more information about Ronan, the guy they knew as Liam.

"They are in the main hall," Akim reported after catching up with me. 

The sound of a lady wailing met my ears. My brows knitted as the sound increased the more we neared the door. Some deep voices also emerged, it was blended with the sound of seats falling and some heavy slaps. 

"You are just a stupid bitch!" I heard Ivan roaring as Caitlin continued to scream.

Akim rushed ahead of me and opened the door. I stepped in and my eyes settled on Ivan who was busy pounding on Caitlin. He paused and got up from the floor where Caitlin was lying. Everything settled. Except for silent whimpers from Caitlin and the heavy pants that Ivan released.