84|son

-NOT EDITED-

“Sir, the hospital has called, they are on the line, should I  direct them to you?” My secretary asked on the phone call

“Sir, the hospital has called, they are on the line, should I  direct them to you?” My secretary asked on the phone call. I immediately drifted my angry thoughts to reality. I had been checking through my mafia business and things didn't look good. Maybe I was becoming reluctant, I needed to find ways to shape a few things.

“Go ahead.” I shifted to a comfortable position, picking up the office phone, and the beep sound rang. 

“Mister Valastro, Good evening.” A lady whom I assumed was the CEO of the hospital that Inna and I visited two months ago, greeted me. 

“Good evening, any useful information?” I went straight to the point. I hated beating around the bush, and knowing what we needed in the hospital, I could not wait longer to hear the good news. The news that I was certain would cheer my beautiful Inna up.

“Yes. I received a report from the child-placing agency authorizing us to give the child up for adoption. He is six months old, saved from a fire accident where her mother lost her life. Is it okay if you pay a visit?”

My heart kind of skipped a beat. Inna suggested we get a younger baby so we could grow to bond with him, she also wanted a baby boy and this sounded like good news.

“We will be there in thirty.”

“Thank you,” She said and I hung up, picking up my personal phone, I called Inna. She needed to know. 

“Don't tell me you saw us.”

My brows pulled together. “Saw you? Where?”

“Never mind, we are in the elevator to your office.” She said with a laugh. 

“Oh. I was about to come pick you up.” I rested my eyes on the laptop, not sure I needed the stupid joke that was happening to my earnings. It could wait, for now, I needed to meet the baby we were to adopt.

After a moment, a knock echoed and the door opened just immediately. Cole was the first to run inside, he came to me directly and gave me a signature bro greeting we used. 

“Hello, little boss.”

“Hey, big boss.” He grabbed my laptop to access a game he always played. He had grown to be a big eleven-year-old man. An age that was obsessed with gaming.

I excused him to occupy the seat and went to meet Inna who stood beside the table. She was enjoying some ice cream that I suspected belonged to Cole. She scooped some Ice cream and licked it. 

“Cole, should I just finish this?” She asked about the ice cream as she welcomed my lips for a quick kiss. 

“You can get me groundnuts in return,” Cole said. He was focused on the laptop.

“Oh, the sun outside is killing me.” She turned to me. “By the way, my cards aren't working, so I came to pick yours for shopping.”

My brows pulled together. “Your cards aren't working? How so?”