85|us together

Baby Adrik was a lucky charm, our miracle

Baby Adrik was a lucky charm, our miracle. One look at him and my eyes would well up with tears. The way he looked at me when I had him back in the hospital, it was like he tried to see if it was true I would take him like our son, and he had no idea how my heart welcomed him.

Then the news that I was pregnant. I had given up going for checkups, except that nurse Polina continued pressing and encouraging me. She actually stood with me for a long, we ended up being so close that we shared a lot. The day the doctor told me I couldn't conceive, Polina was the nurse. She followed me and gave me some encouraging words.

I had no reason to cry, I needed to be happy, but I couldn't help the tears whenever I looked at Adrik. He had no idea what good news he brought along when he became our son. 

Kissing him, I ran my hand over his dark brown hair, caressing him gently. "Good night sweetheart," I whispered and pecked him again. He managed to grab some sleep after going through many hands. I bet he was tired. 

Caitlin came over with Mum. After we gave them the news while leaving the hospital, they told us they would be in the mansion and as we arrived, they arrived. They wanted to hold baby Adrik, saying how lovely he looked and all. Dmitri and I kept the news about my pregnancy from them. Planning to break it to them during dinner.

"He has fallen asleep?" Dmitri's voice yanked me from my moment with Adrik. I whirled to him, he had walked into our bedroom where I had been with Adrik. 

"Yes." I smiled, turning back to Adrik, he was fast asleep. His bed was on the side of our bed where I slept. I could wake up and check on him, or feed him at night. "He is tired."

"He is." He wrapped his hand around my waist, and we both stared down at Adrik in silence. We had a lot to say between us but silence dwelled. Dmitri only drew me closer and I leaned into him. "I have spoken to Grandma, we will have one maid transferred from another department to work only for you. To take care of you and Adrik, and do anything you want."

I chuckled silently. "I don't need help. I will take care of Adrik."

"No, it's just in case you need a hand. Like now, she can come to the third floor to keep him in case he wakes up while we are downstairs. You understand?"

I sighed. "Okay," I turned to him and placed my hands on his chest. "And that's all. Trust me, there is nothing new here, I am an expert. So, only one maid and that's all."

He wrapped his hands around me, drawing me closer. "Alright. One more thing, the nurse will move in tomorrow. Before you talk, let me explain—"

"Dmitri—" I breathed. "Okay, which nurse? What is happening? What are you doing?"

"The nurse who has been attending you. Listen, Adrik will need full attention. I am not underestimating what you are capable of doing but I want him to be okay."