32| A steamy moment

Незнакомец

Незнакомец

I was battling with what a certain stranger told me. Dmitri murdered his family? The stranger guy left me wondering who Konstantins were.

I had little trust in Dmitri that he was not responsible for the death of his mother and sister. But a big part of me was still relying on what the mysterious guy revealed to me.

The truth was that he knew Dmitri's family. He knew his father's name which no one ever used. Many things began storming in my head. What if he was telling the truth?

I saw how Dad was against the idea of Cole and I being in Dmitri's life. That was not supposed to be how I expected him to react. Dmitri saved him, so I expected Dad to be appreciative.

I also saw how Dmitri ruthlessly murdered some men back at the party.

Shit!

I took a stranger's phone with me. I knew I was to eventually show it to Dmitri but there were things I wanted to know.

We went back home, or rather, to Dmitri's mansion. I had the evening with Cole and Grandma.

It had been a long time since we spent time together. So we were in the kitchen cooking. We decided to make dinner for all of us.

"Can I taste that?" Cole asked. It was the third dish to taste as we cooked. Grandma was always agreeing with him.

"Here," She drew a spoon with some hot soup to his mouth. "Blow it first."

Cole blew it and then tasted the soup that Grandma had been preparing. We both stared at him waiting for him to make a compliment. He was the one approving the food.

He shook his head. "I don't like it."

My smile disappeared. I turned to Grandma who had been pouring her soul into it and noticed she was also tasting it to confirm.

"It's good to me."

"I don't like it." Cole picked up a glass of water and took a sip. He had this sick look on his face.

I decided to stop what I was doing and taste the soup. "He has tasted everything, his mouth must be tired," I said and they both laughed. "Let me see."

I scooped some soup and blew it as well. The smell of it was perfect. I could tell it was delicious. Once I took it, a peal of laughter erupted from me which caught Grandma off guard.

"It's good. He doesn't like garlic in soup, that's the reason." I said as I chuckled.

"Oh," Grandma's smile emerged. "You could have said that young boy."

"I don't like it."

I rolled my eyes and continued chopping some carrots. "Don't mind him," I assured Grandma.