22|the feeling

Тихий

Тихий

I blinked my eyes open as a silent groan fled through my throat. I did not know how long I slept but it did not help. The sleep was disturbed by a bad dream. The dream was about the good old days when Mum was with us. I couldn't consider it a good dream because I had to wake up to the shitty reality. 

Mum was gone.

Dad left.

And Dmitri disappeared without a word for days. 

There was something with me that made them leave me. Though for Dmitri, it was my fault since I forced him into the situation. But I still felt like he could have communicated to his 'fake wife'

But the reality was before my eyes; everyone always leaves and never communicates.

I rubbed my eye as I stared at the darkness in the room. The night had plunged in.

My little movements made the bed squeak. It was old, not those comfortable beds you'd find at Dmitri's mansion. It was a reminder of who I was, just an ordinary girl.

Sniffling, I pushed my hair off my face and stared around. The unclear light was from the street lights outside. It penetrated through the open window where a cold breeze also gushed in. 

I must have kept Anton waiting for long.

I pushed the bed cover off and turned the bedside lamp on. I then pushed my legs off the bed to the cold floor. I slid into my shoes and got up. 

The moment I turned to the door, a scream flared through my lips as I jerked away. I fell butt flat on the bed. My heart nearly left me, if I did not recognize the face of the supposed sneaker, my heart could have really left me.

He looked unbothered as he slowly took sips of the drink from the bottle he was holding. He was perched on a wooden seat which was next to the door. He was leaning leisurely on the back rest and his legs were spread open.

It was funny to feel his presence after he managed to startle me. His aura was powerful just like his cologne. 

I relaxed my shoulders. I was relieved but there was a renewed anger surfacing in my bones. 

"Did you get enough sleep?" His heavy voice resonated. It caused my heart to ache from a painful feeling that struck my chest. 

I sighed. "Why are you here?" I asked with a cold voice.

"Because I missed my wife." 

With that, I rolled my eyes. I couldn't even keep my eyes on him, so they found rest in the bottle he was holding. 

"I will be leaving, I had dinner plans with Cole." I got up and grabbed my things then strode to the door.

I hadn't reached for the handle when his free hand gripped my wrist. He firmly pulled me back causing me to collapse on his lap.