The Story of a Reaper- Far too Lonely to Love

"What...about Reaper?" Geno asked, a bit concerned and confused, "...How do you feel about him?" Bird asked, Geno scoffed with a smile, "We're just friends! Nothing more!" Geno said, crossing their arms.

Bird rose a brow, "...Really? Just friends?" Bird asked, "Y-Yeah..." Geno said. Bird kept staring at Geno with the 'really' look.

"...Okay, so maybe we're best friends-"

"Geno...how do you REALLY feel?" Bird asked, "I-..." Geno was a bit quiet. Geno looked around a bit. Cautious to who's around, and in thought, "Come on G...you can trust me," Bird said. Geno sighed, "Okay...I guess I just...like being around him...a lot really," Geno said.

Bird nodded with a hum, "Why don't you tell him how you love him?" Bird asked, "L-Love him?! I never said that! I just...like him close by!...PLUS! What if he says no?" Geno said in a bit of panic, "I doubt that'd happen-" Bird muttered, "What if it doesn't work out?!" Geno said, "Reaper already thought of that for you-..." Bird mumbled, "What if...it's not meant to be..." Geno said a bit sadly.

Bird looked at Geno with a calm, but pitiful look before patting Geno on the back, "You both overthink things too much, love isn't that hard for monsters and you're taking it to the next level of confusion," Bird said.

"What do you mean?" Geno asked, "How about you go tell Reaper how you feel...and you'll understand," Bird said.

Does...does he love me back? Geno thought. Bird stood up with a hand out to Geno, "Come on..." Bird said with a sentimental smile. Geno was hesitant but took Bird's hand before being pulled up by him.

"I'll take you there, and leave you halfway," Bird told Geno. Geno nodded as Bird soon teleported to the doorstep of the palace, "Alright...I took you halfway," Bird said, letting go of Geno's hand.

Geno grumbled with an annoyed look, "Hey, I never said I'd walk you there, I just said I'd take you halfway there!" Bird said with a playful smile, "Yeah, yeah you jerk!" Geno said, putting his hand on Bird's face as Bird giggled.

Geno soon stopped, "Anyways, I'll gotta go, ciao!" Bird said before he teleported away. Geno sighed and walked into the palace.

He started to wander a bit to find Reaper. Geno turned a corner from walking in the long hallway, and bummed into someone, Geno started to fall but got caught by whoever he bummed into...it was Reaper.

"Uhh...H-Hi!" Geno said, with a light tint of blush on there face. Reaper looked a bit wide-eyed before pulling Geno up to his feet and looking at the ground.

"So...uhm...can we talk?" Geno asked, "Um...sure, about what?" Reaper asked, looking up at him a little, taking a couple of glances.

"So...I have a serious question for you," Geno said. As risky as it was, Geno took a step forward, as Reaper took a step back, "Do...you-..." how would Geno put this?...

"Can you-...How do you feel about me? Now that we know each other a bit better?" Geno asked, "Uhhh- You're a great friend! And uhm....we's very close, and I didn't really have anyone THIS close to me in a while, so it's a nice change of p-pace..." Reaper said.

Friends...is that how he sees me...I knew it...Geno thought.

"So you don't love me then?" Geno asked. He wasn't blushing, or flustered, more...disappointed.

Reaper jumped at the questioned as his face turned blue, "I-I never said t-that! But-...I love you!" Reaper said, a bit of a confession, but more of a reassurance to Geno.

"As friends I guess?" Geno said, "Uh-...N-.....Y-Yeah...as friends," Reaper agreed reluctantly. Geno felt a bit better, but mostly heartbroken.

"Now, if you excuse me...I'm gonna get some fresh air..." Reaper said, rushing past Geno down the hall, outside of the castle.