Chapter 6 - Doubts

"I think that's enough for the day."

Reaper stated as he pulled back his scythe. He gave a wider grin at the Fourth General.

"You're not as bad as the Second General described you. It really must be your illness." The Third said as he watched the lower rank rose to his feet.

"I do hope so..." Error mumbled as he put away his weapon.

"You are doing well, no?" Reaper asked beside him and the Fourth gave a frown.

"I am."

"The King wasn't being difficult to you? You've been invited two times in a week. I thought there was something urgent."

Error can't believe that the other was so talkative after a training. So concern about him, trying to pry businesses.

"It's nothing. You don't have to worry." Error waved him off.

"I see."

---|---

"The Slave's... Dungeon, sir?" The Head Maid of his tower asked in a hesitant voice.

"Yes, have you seen anything peculiar in it?" Error asked again.

The Head looked around for a bit, bunny ears flicking every now and then. "There is... this strange stone in there."

"What stone?"

"It was... half a sphere? The moving night sky was quite magical." The maiden admitted with a faint blush.

Error rolled his eye lights at the comment but he knew it was the orb. He got a chance to find it himself!

"Where is it now?"

"It was taken by the Commander to the Royal Palace."

"What?!"

The rabbit flinched at the rage of the General. "Th-the Commander said that he will i-inform you and you gave permission for him to take it to the Royal Palace."

Fuck.

"Take the Commander here immediately." Guards in the area scurried to find the man they were looking for.

He was in the first floor where a fancy chair was placed in a platform. Here, he could order servants around and rule over the Tower's matters. He decided that it was time to use his power to these people.

The guards brought in a wolf. The wolf gave a panicked glance before prostrating himself.

"I-It was not my intention, Sir!" The wolf said, obviously pleading for mercy.

"Then give me a good explanation why I was not inform." Error replied and sometimes, sometimes he just loved to be cruel.

There was silence. Stutters but no words properly formed. Error tried to guess what could it be. If he was the wolf, he'll probably give it to the Royal Palace as a donation and probably get... a reward.

"Was it for a prize?" Based on how the man tensed, he hit the center.

"I needed it, Sir! I've been getting low in money. I have debts that I had not yet paid. That's why- that's why-!"