Chapter 24 - Pent Up Emotions

He... He's still glaring at me...

Ink glanced uneasily at Lust as they practiced the next day. To avoid any other confrontation, they were assigned to another partner. Lust was still glaring at him like any minute he'd do something wrong. They were training to use hand-to-hand combat in battle incase they didn't have ny weapon. Ink could tell that they were putting up a front of seriousness in their schemes but in all honesty? They were just saying that. They knew they were hopeless and a week in training won't make an experienceless commoner a properly armed soldier.

Ink blocked the slow punch coming from his partner and used it to flip the other. He knew that hebwas drawing an attention but he had done that move before so it wasn't a big deal. Lust? Well... he beaten his partner easily by attacking. He could see the small satisfaction in the assassin's eye lights. It must be so long since he fought anybody that he was that desperate. He looked at Killer and Martial, both looking at Lust with some kind of strange gazes. There he goes, attracting their attention. Ink won't be doing that because he'd drag attention more than he already has. He observed the other slaves fighting. He could easily pinpoint who was a normal and those who were disguising. They were acting too weak or their stances were tensed and scream out fighter and the artist knew he must have radiated that same aura but he was better at keeping himself relaxed.

It's not like anybody could touch me. I'm a Guardian, they won't stand a chance.

He won't be having any problem eith this.

"Fourth General is currently being controlled by Nightmare. His negative emotions brought forth and he obeys Nightmare's every order. No one knows... not even the Generals."

Ink knew that it was a very bad news. Even if they were together in this thing, he can't always be there with Error. If Nightmare made a move while he was gone, he may not have any choice but to find the orb alone. He doesn't know who could help. Come to think of it, he never knew this Error's backstory. Who was he really? Ink was sure that when he dreamt of that foggy place, it was his old home. The home before he turned into a slave.

Did he just said 'his old home'?

He's not the slave! That version of him is.

That's just a mistake. Don't panic, everything's fine.

He's just referring it because him and that Ink were one and the same but different counterparts. Nothing's wrong! Nothing...

He wondered if Error ever felt the same way.

---|---

Error panted heavily as he could barely keep his burning body from collapsing. Dream was too much to handle. He was too advanced and he doesn't take methods easily. It was frustrating!

"Take a rest, Fourth." Dream said as he walked away.

Error was seriously not having any second thought to sat down on one of the benches. He was sure that he looked really tired.

"Are you okay?" Dream asked in a serious manner that it was hard to say if he was even concern.

Error looked up at him. "Yes, I am."

Dream was looking at the window, away from him as the rays slipped through.

"We could end our training here. For now..." He looked at Error with glowing golden eye lights. "I need to discuss things with you."