Chapter 21 - Strange Things

We've been walking for ages...

Ink dragged himself at the almost snowy field, the sun had already set. They went inside the forest to continue on to the open fields. No one dared to run away because there were guards littered around the rows of trees and besides, where should they go? If Ink was escaping, he'd do it secretly and knock out guards only when necessary, be stealthy and make his way to the village. Find a way to take off the collar and bam! Get the fuck away from the place by disguising as a helper in exporting goods then off to a better kingdom!

Sadly, that wasn't his case and if it was the real Ink in his position, he might get caught just by the village. How could he even take the guards down without battling experience? Ink sighed, his breath creating puffy white thin clouds. He buried his face more to the knitted scarf. Lust wasn't talking behind him either. They'd rather not, someone may heard.

Killer and Martial were leading the group. Martial wasn't even tired from all the walking despite carrying a bag of belongings. He kept signing, talking to Killer. The Second General respond with disinterest as he straight forwardly walk.

The forest was nowhere to be seen and once Ink looked back, he saw one slave. Falling behind and trying to pretend getting tired. Once he was behind, he started running off to their left. Away from the straight path they took. That was smart and stupid at the same time. Smart because the way they exited was guarded by two soldiers. Dumb because he was running straight to an unknown and open territory. If anything, he should have done it in the forest.

Ink really wanted to call out or try to pull him back in the lane but before he could choose, a shot rang out to the whole place. The escaping slave stumbled and before he could get up, he was turned to dust as a shot rang. Ink didn't notice it maybe because of the shock but his non-existent ear rang from the gunshots. Everyone stopped to look, no one dared to scream or move but they were shaking. Ink was the only one to crane his neck to the source of the gunshot which was from Martial. The barrel of the rifle was smoking, still aimed at where the slave once was. Those dark green eye lights gave dangerous glint as he frowned.

Ink knew that Seventh was dangerous but not that dangerous. He expected him to be the manipulative type and secretive but... for him to kill the slave so easily... That was unexpected when he was shown to be quite cheerful when talking to others. He didn't show any mercy. He was more inclining to the people-to-avoid zone in Ink's mind. If rumors were true maybe he was really just obeying Nightmare for his life-long debt. Martial caught his gaze and he immediately looked down.

"Escaping is only a wortless dream. Move on." Killer talked to them to give some sense.

---|---

"I didn't know Ink is involve." Blue said with a sad look.

The servant entered the room after he knocked, he brought the food in. He noticed the lack of presence of the General's slave and politely asked for him. Error told him that he's part of the war, where the slaves were gathered yesterday. Right now, Error was looking at him.

"Are you worried for him?"

The servant was surprise and began denying. "Ah, no! No! It's just a little strange that-"

Error only smirked at the rambled answer. "I know you. Of course you'd be worried, Ink will be fine."

Blue stopped, mouth open by his rambling before he fidgeted and clutched the apron. "You... know me, Sir?"

"The way you act around my slave is obvious but I don't see anything bad to it. Ink enjoys your company, he's nice." Blue blushed through the words, flattered by the small observations.