Chapter 33 - Handful

Error... is an idiot.

Dream scoffed at the stupid words as he walked the halls the next day for training. After everything Fourth did for him, he'd say that. Then he scowled as he remembered the face the other made. It was far from insulting and more of the relief kind.

"Calling one an idiot... when had it been non-insulting?" He mumbled to himself.

It was disappointing that Dream can't squeeze out a pattern or steps of how Error changed but... what was there to spill if there was really nothing? He sighed at the logic as he recalled who will he be training today.

Third General, Reaper. If there was anything, everybody in the whole kingdom knew of the mystery surrounding the Seven Generals Nightmare had. There were mysteries that seemed to like by other people to bet on.

Every single one of them has a secret to offer like how long had Dream been here since even before the Seven Generals were made, he was already there in the castle as one of the most loyal subject.

Killer's family name was yet another as he avoided to be questioned about it in many times.

Reaper's homeland was a question since he never once tell where he came from but because of his skills and unwavering feelings for killing, Nightmare didn't push it further.

Surprisingly, there wasn't anything on Error's mystery before but now, everyone knew of this very peculiar slave Error own.

For Dust, everyone was debating whether he could see things normal beings cannot or he was simply mad.

Horror's tower having a better status rather than daily burning near-dying servants. The tower seemed to function better although it was a slow progress but everyone was given enough meals to go on a day but some were really just... greedy. There was a mystery of who was helping the General but none of the servants of his very own even knew.

Martial was known as the successor of their kingdom but the reason and his actual worth to Nightmare was unknown.

For him, Reaper wasn't suspicious in truth, he almost could be said loyal to them. There were many tests Nightmare brought upon him and he never stopped to think of doing it. Killing a child wasn't even a problem to him. Dream envied that about him. How he didn't hesitate to do everything Nightmare says. If it wasn't for Dream's tactical mind and fighting abilities, Reaper would have replaced him or Killer. Undoubtly, Killer could defeat Reaper because in fights, once Third knew he couldn't do more, he would give up.

First knew he wasn't a natural born killer. He wasn't up for killing and witnessing bloodshed but he so desperately climbed this way with all he had. He proved his worth again and again to Nightmare because... he needed to catch up. He needed to catch so he could hold his hand again.

He unconsciously fisted his hand as he walked faster to the training room. He may not be a natural killer but he was loyal to Nightmare. The King needed him more than anyone because... they were... special.

---|---

"You've been thinking about this day and night." Horror commented as the assassin wrote down things on a parchment.

Lust stopped writing as he sat upright and faced Horror. "There must be a reason behind it. Something happened and I am not standing down."

Horror sighed at the other but stayed silent. An air of distress hung upon them so Lust decided to make Horror understand.