Chapter 55 - Preparations and Negotiations

"How you doing?"

Ink asked the former General resting on one of the infirmary beds.

"Better." Horror gave a grin. "Guess I should've known when Error acted so unlikely of the Fourth General I knew."

"You told him?" Ink questioned.

"Yesterday. After Reaper woke me up, I only changed my clothes and went here." Lust said. Taking a seat on a stool and giving the plate of breakfast to Horror who ate it immediately.

"You're going to heal me, don't you?" Horror said with a mouthful of food.

"Yeah, that's what I intend to do." Ink walked up to the other side of the bed.

A soft knock at the wooden door caught their attention. Ganz was standing there, staring at Lust.

"The King... suddenly want a meeting with us." Ganz said.

"I'll be there. Thank you, Ganz." The blue-eyed skeleton left without another word. Lust sighed and looked at the two in the room.

"Can't it wait later?" Horror whined.

"I'll be back, I'll try to be quick as possible so we could all train together." The assassin lean in and gave Horror a peck on the cheek and whispered, "Love you."

"It's nice to meet you more formally." Ink said. He heard the door shut as Lust left.

"Yes... you too." Horror said uninterestedly. The previous enthusiastic attitude gone. Weakly setting down the empty plate on the table beside the bed.

"I'm going to heal you now and... well, you won't mind if I touch you?" Ink awkwardly said.

"No."

Ink moved the blankets a little and rested his hand on top of the injured leg. "Lust is really kind, isn't he?"

"He is." A small smile playing on the cracked-skull skeleton.

"What do you like about him? You seem to adore him very much."

"His smile is precious." The question cheered the other up and he started listing off the things. "He looks adorable when sleeping. Lust loves helping and justice. He's smart and patient..."

Ink smiled as the other rambled on. Lust was lucky to find someone like Horror who appreciate his biggest sacrifices to the smallest details.

"Do you envy us?" Horror asked, snapping the artist out of his thoughts.

"Wha-why would I be?"

"Your face.... I can't put it to words but it says all. Aren't you and Error together?"

"Ah... no. We aren't, well, we'll be there if Error returns my feelings." Ink said, blushing from admitting it. Avoiding eye contact as Horror leaned in as if inspecting him.

"You really are different from him..."

"Who?" Ink asked, staring right at the blood red eye light.

"The slave." Horror clarified.

"Was it really a big difference?" Ink asked as he watched the spiderweb cracks disappear and left thin white lines from the grayish bones.

"Meek, empty, isolated he was. Fourth General never once took him outside except for the previous Ball before this latest one."

"Oh... that was... sad." Ink can't imagine a prolonged deprivation of emotions.