Chapter 28 - Too Quiet

"I should have given up helping you a long time ago."

"But you didn't." Dream retorted as he looked at the transmitter.

The two red blinking dots in the AU they were currently in moved from their spot. Dream marched forward with the others as he got closer and closer. They have to capture them and so far, when they got too close, Error would create a portal and drag Ink with him. Strangely, Ink didn't protest nor fought back.

Dream wondered if Ink was in a hypnotized state because he knew his friend would struggle when it came to Error.

"Ah!" Dream brightened as he caught sight of the two.

"Ink!" The younger twin waved with a friendly smile as he ran forward.

Instead of a friendly grin that Ink would always give him, he got a blank gaze then he was tugging on the other guardian's clothes. "Master, they're back..."

The lighter twin's eye socket twitched at the words and he was running at full speed to get at them. Unfortunately, Error acted fast enough to grab on Ink and opened another portal infront of them.

"Stop! Error-! Drop Ink, now!" Dream said as he aimed his arrow.

He fired the arrow which hit Error by the leg and slowed him down. He got close enough to grab Ink by the collar of his ragged clothes and pull him away. Ink started struggling and it made Dream annoyed.

"Ink, stop struggling! We can't-" Dream never got to finish as the other was pulled by the arm.

Error pulled the slave to his arms and kicked the positive skeleton right on the chest. Dream staggered before regaining his balance.

"Stay away from us, impostors." Error pointed a freaking sword right at him.

It was already too late to go after them because they entered the portal and disappeared. Dream gritted his teeth in anger.

I let them get away again!

"You have to make a concrete plan, Dream." Nightmare commented. "You can't chase after them whole day long."

Dream could only look at him before smiling. "Can I count on you for it?"

There was a surprise look on Nightmare's face before it turned into a questioning one. "Me? Of all people?"

"You're always better in logical things, Brother."

"You put too much trust." For a second, Nightmare doubted but reminded that his brother always trust others.

"You're still a good person deep down. I'm sure you don't want our Multiverse obliberated too." Dream said.

There was silence as the twins stared at each other. The lighter with hope, the darker with calculation. Soon, the older twin sighed and spoke.

"I have a plan."

---...---

Dream was in a state of complex thinking as he stared at his new slave with wonder. He did threw a temper yesterday but now? He was unresponsive. He won't eat the food First gave although he too must admit that it doesn't look like a food at all. He won't retort nor smile. He was caught up in his own world as he curled to himself. There was something wrong but he doesn't know what it was so he decided to do something for the slave.