Chapter 25 - Orders

"What is happening?"

Lust hissed at him as soon as they settled down for the night. Ink blinked a few times.

"What?"

Lust looked at him with a glare. "You told me you would tell!"

"Tell about what?" Ink asked innocently, putting his index under his chin to give a wondered expression.

"How you have healed that slave. You swore."

Lust's soul beat as he found hope when Ink's expression turned to realization. The artist then sighed defeatedly, raising his arms in surrender.

"You got me."

"Th-then... who really are you?"

"I am a sorcerer from the high mountains. I came to punish this kingdom until I saw the one I love the most, Error. To get close to him, I disguised myself as a slave and now, here I am."

There was silence.

A silence spread over them as Lust's expression scrunched into confusion. "Was it true?"

Ink smiled mischievoulsy.

"Die-"

---|---

"You are a fraud." Killer said distastefully.

'I am not.' Martial said as he took another amount on the pile of coins at the side.

The kid was too good in chest and had been robbing the bets for many times, not letting Killer have any.

Killer glared at the chess board infront of them. He made a mistake of Castling his King and ran to the farthest corner near it with no means of escape because of the pawn infront of it and the other one still diagonally infront of him. He didn't watch Martial's farthest pawn ate diagonally because of focusing on the white Queen. He also didn't notice the perfectly aimed white bishop by far. His black pawn right infront of the King was eaten by the white rook. He attempted a run but he was pinned by the white Queen right by the last lane. Killer's King was running left and right until Martial finally cornered it, placing the King on check right by the lane Killer's King was in. The battle ended just as quickly as he said his confession to the one he love.

Killer sighed, placing his forehead on the table before picking up the remaining coins and stashing them. It was so obvious that the kid was intimidating Killer with that look. He didn't have the soul to do it anyway.

Killer and Martial share the same room but with different beds. They stay on a cabin, much warmer than the tents which was a privilege to higher ranks. The light was usually on past midnight because no matter what Killer do, Seventh was still awake. The Second General entered their room  and looked at the shared bedside table in between them. There was a small box and when Killer opened it, there were caramels.

A blade was brought upon his neck.

"I am not stealing them, Martial."

He moved away from the blade to see the successor sheathed the katana.

'Know your place.'