Chapter 46 - We Blew It

Ink blinked as the flash slowly faded.

He looked at his hands then to the surrounding. It was a flat ground with snow surface. He looked at the familiar faces of Error, Lust, Horror and Reaper. Error was standing there with worry. Lust was supporting Horror, Sixth's arm sling over shoulders and Lust's left hand on his waist. Horror seemed to be doing his best to stand on his uninjured leg and Reaper was just standing there, glaring at him. They were somewhere by the Kingdom's Boundaries.

Aren't we inside the castle? What happened?

He was going to kill Nightmare earlier. Then something pulled him away and they were here. A look of disbelief crossed his face as he glared at Lust.

Rage surged through him as he stood up. "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!"

Lust looked away trying to come up with an answer. "Ink, you're hurt."

"I don't care! Are you upset that we'd get what we want?! Is that it?! Are you that much of a sore loser that you won't let it go?!" He stood up, jabbing his index right at Lust who did nothing.

"Oi! Stop that, he's merely trying to help you!" Horror attempted to swat his hand.

"I don't need help. We have him in our grasp and now it's nothing!" Eye lights glowing brightly, the snow from around blowing away around him.

They were there, fucking at the top then dragged away from accomplishing it. He was ordered to do his part and he failed it!

"Ink, stop! It's my fault, I'm the one who pulled you away." Error gently pushed the other off of Lust.

"That was our chance! One fucking chance to get home and you blew it!" Ink screamed at him, his anger redirected.

Why is his Master doing that? Does he think he was incompetent?

"You're hurt and you can't take more damage-"

"I don't fucking care if that's the last one! We would have won! We would have gone home if you didn't do that!"

"If that fucking arrow from Dream hit you then you're nothing but dust!"

Ink froze from his anger and recalled the memory. The familiar arrow struck Nightmare instead of him. He was once again on death's door and if Error didn't pull him away then he'll never got back alive. His breath turned ragged at the realization. A hand entertwined with his, grounding his thoughts back to current events.

He felt like he doesn't deserve the look of worry Error had given him. "I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me." He said in almost a whisper.

Error squeezed the artist's hand for comfort. He turned around, receiving a disapproving glare from Reaper and the anxious look from Lust.

"I-I know this is too much to ask but can we go with you?" Error asked with hesitation.

"You're part of our mission so it is certainly well." Lust said with a small attempt of smile.

The assassin pulled out a rectangular mirror, throwing it to the ground. A portal opened, swirling in dark purple color. Just then, bright light appeared around them revealing undercover guests and other assassins who survived. Same four mirrors were thrown beside Lust's as all of them went inside. He went back at the task at hand when he heard Lust's footsteps with Horror.

Ink's silent behind him but was eyeing the spies curiously. He took a step to follow but a scythe blocked his path. He looked at the General with bewilderment and Reaper only gave him a look that screamed confusion too.