Chapter 19 - Promises

"Like he's any better..."

Ink mumbled as he walked around the fourth floor, avoiding guards so easily. He took a seat on a large window, the whole view of the courtyard can be seen. It was already dark and he couldn't sleep here or he's having a death wish to be caught. He doesn't know their routine and how many round the fourth floor.

He wondered if what he did was right. He seemed too harsh, he shouldn't be blaming everything to Error. He did something bad too... He snuck out and lied to him, if he could have just admitted before, they could have evaded Martial effectively. That nagging anger to himself for upsetting his Master was there. He hissed as a headache formed in his skull. The stress making his mind pound.

Ink do trust easily. Especially if they're friendly. That's why he was easily swayed by promises and smiles. He never doubted them until they did something that was completely out of their character. For the record, Ink never trusted Error. He's his enemy, well, former enemy now that he knew what's going on. Although that aas the case, he couldn't bring himself to trust Error. The way he spoke was completely smooth to turn out lying but look how surprise Ink was when Error lied to him about the orb, no less! He started to doubt Error. He still wondered if he's really Error's friend.

Those words before... Error looked and talked like he was really worried of him. Maybe he really was... He doesn't have any reason to lie anymore anyway. He should give him a chance. Start over, reset everything. That was good, that was good...

His eye sockets drooped as he felt drowsy.

He knew he shouldn't sleep here but before he could even register it, his vision already turned black.

---|---

Ink preferred soft, melodious ringtones rather than a shrill scream of a lady because apparently? It was deafening.

Opening his eye sockets, he could hear footsteps and a lady screaming right beside him. He hissed as the maid kept jabbing a finger right at him. He jumed off the window, his shadow emitted by the morning glow.

"Quit that, Lady!" Ink said but he knew it was too late because the soldiers were already there.

"That's the General's slave!"

Ink knew it was worth a shot but he could do it. Both hallways were littered with soldiers. Then Ink booked it to the direction back to their room. He slod under the soldier infront then took the opportunity while they all backed up to swipe off another.  He caught the spear in his hand. It reminded him somewhat of holding his trusty paintbrush, Broomy. It was lighter and lack magic compared to his usual weapon but the way we could wield it is the same. He whacked three of them on the head with the non-pointed tip. He let it dance freely on his hand as he drew them off of him. They kept closing in and so, Ink ran up and used the spear like as a boost to jump above the soldiers. He almost smack right oj the ceiling and thankfully, he didn't. He landed in a crouch. He stood up and ran without looking back.

"Stop him!"

The clutters of other guards and footsteps were in a distance but if Ink even try to stop to catch his breath, he'll get tackled. Even when he was sweating bullets, even if he could hear his legs creaking, his non-existing lungs praying for air, he boosted more and no sooner, he could see their room.

There! Just a little more!

He extended a hand to grab the knob as soon as possible. He finally gripped the knob but because of running non-stop, his body was still running. He jerked back and twisted the knob to let himself in.