Chapter 13 - Winter Festival

"What do you mean... First General's not here?"

The bewilderment was evident in his voice as he asked the maid infront the training room. The maid only bowed her head and explained.

"First General was sent off by the King to lead a war a few days ago. It's not a destructive one but it may take a day for him to return."

Error inhaled and slowly exhaled at the thought and thanked the maid before he leave. What a shame, he was really looking forward to meet him. Looks like their trip to the village will be earlier than expected.

No sooner, he was infront of the door of their room. He was about to open the door but before his hand made contact with the knob, someone opened it from the inside. It was Ink and he was surprise to see Error. The destroyer also noticed that the other was wearing his original clothes. It looked fine to Error anyways.

"E-Error! You're back! Why so early?" Ink stepped aside to let him in.

"First General's... not there." Error stepped inside with suspicion as the other closed the door behind him.

"Not there?" Ink asked as he sat down the chair.

"He's assigned to a war. What were you doing?" Error asked.

"Oh, me? I just thought you're Blue, that's all." The artist said.

Error stayed silent with suspicion as Ink fiddled with his fingers. "Have you met Seventh? That bowl of caramel the other day was his, right?"

The other looked at him and went back from fiddling his fingers. "He went in here for a moment, looking for you. He left after that and... didn't touch the caramels. I ate all of it after he left."

Error was relieved that Martial didn't took interest with the Guardian of Creation. It would be harder to stir the General away from looking at the slave.

"Get ready." He said and grabbed a thick coat.

"We're going?" The excitement was evident in the other's voice.

"Yeah."

When he turned around, Ink was wearing the scarf he knitted with a smile. He looked more like the Guardian of Creation Error knew now that the collar was hidden. He smirked and grabbed the leash. He slid his hand under the scarf and felt around for the collar. Once he did, he hooked it. He caught the blush on the artist's cheeks before fading.

They both walked out the door and once they reached the first floor, they met Miyu on the way. She bowed down to him and asked where he's going. Error told her to announce that he'd be at the village for a while.

The gates were huge no argue with that. It stood tall and menacing as guards asked questions of where the Fourth is going. Ink stayed silent as he admired the snow beneath him.

After a while of walking, hearing the gates close behind them and hearing nothing but crunching of snow, Error stopped and turned around to take off the leash. Once it was undone, Ink smiled and look around the vast open surrounded with thick trees. He led the way to the village. The stone path was barely visible under the snow. There was a frozen lake nearby but Ink found the people more fascinating. They all looked normal. There seemed to be a festival as stands by stands of foods and games were around. Ink looked around with amazement. He ignored the weird looks he received from others.

"That monster dress so strangely."

"He has Fourth General by his side."

"A noble man perhaps."