38. caught in a landslide

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE 

stared at her mother who was unable to say anything. Maybe it was because the mother had thought she might never see her daughter again, either because of the war or because she might be dead. But now she was here, and as happy and grateful she was to have her here, she needed the girl to leave. Narcissa shot a panicked look at her husband and Lucius immediately walked over to his wife and daughter. 

"Sweetheart," Narcissa sighed with an enormous amount of guilt washing her over. 

The girl who was laying on the floor was Celeste's friend and the same age. A young girl who's bee tortured by no other than Bellatrix. Narcissa didn't want nothing more than to keep Celeste with her here, but she knew that it was too risky and dangerous. Celeste was after all a 'blood traitor'.

"Yes mum?" Celeste asked, her golden eyes wide open but before Narcissa had a chance to say anything, Draco marched to the room and oh boy, that confused look on his face was worth a thousand galleons.

"Cel?" Draco breathed and ran over to his sister and trapped her into a tight hug, although the girl was still sitting on her mother's lap. "What the bloody hell are you doing here?" He asked.

Celeste smirked. "Good to see you too," she teased her brother who didn't seem to be amused by her humor. 

The girl sighed and smiled slightly before her eyes wandered back to Hermione who was silently crying. Celeste quickly glanced at her aunt and then her parents, before taking off to Hermione and kneeling next to her.

"Get away from her," hissed Bellatrix, trying her best not to sound too harsh when speaking to her niece. 

Celeste ignored her aunt and laid her hand gently on Hermione's side. "Mione?"

Hermione opened her eyes a little but didn't say anything. 

Celeste looked at her mother who tried to avoid any eye contact with her, which has never happened. The girl stood up, leaving Hermione behind and walked to her father, knowing that the man wasn't able to lie to her. 

"Dad...." 

"Celeste darling," Lucius sighed and gently stroked Celeste's hair when the girl was standing in front of her. "It's not safe for you to be here."