33. when the sun goes down

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE HAD

forgotten how much fun the Burrow was. The twins kept inventing new pranks, Ginny gushed over Quidditch, and Celeste got to even meet Charlie and Bill who she thought were amazing. 

William came to see Celeste every day. He couldn't take her home right away because he was working all the time and didn't feel comfortable leaving Celeste alone in their apartment. Olivia was swamped with work at Hogwarts ― curtesy of Severus Snape who had killed Dumbledore. 

The days went by quite fast, and she did have fun. Even when the world around them was falling apart, the Weasleys always managed to make every situation a little bit more bright. But no amount of laughter replaced the void in her heart. Every night, she fell asleep next to Leo, her high cheekbones stained by tears. 

She was afraid of what the future might hold. 

On one evening, just before Celeste was about to turn in and go to sleep, a loud crack was heard from outside the house. Celeste grabbed Leo's hand and ran downstairs where she was greeted by Harry and Hagrid, and a brunette woman.

Celeste knew she was going to see the woman again. She knew this but somehow she wasn't prepared for it. It was strange truly. A woman, a woman whom she has already met was her aunt. But then again it seemed like the world around her worked that way. She met her mother, without knowing she was her mother and she also met her other aunt before knowing that she was her aunt. 

Celeste stared at Andromeda and while she has seen the woman once before, she didn't realize back then how much Andromeda Tonks looked Bellatrix ― although her features were softer and her eyes weren't as deep as Bellatrix's. Andromeda was really a quite perfect mixture of Bella and of Narcissa. She had Narcissa's softness and that love in her eyes when she watches her daughter but she surely had Bellatrix's wit, you could tell that already by just looking at her. 

"I-I'm your niece," Celeste stuttered the words out, not sure if being blunt at this moment was just the easiest way to go. Celeste had met Andromeda before, when Celeste was part of Dumbledore's Army and worked with the Order, including Nymphadora Tonks who apparently is actually her cousin.

Andromeda froze in her place, but her face softened. 

Celeste wasn't sure did Andromeda even know that Narcissa had a daughter who was kidnapped. Merlin, this was going to be a fun conversation.