30. memories that remain

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELETE WATCHED 

William and Narcissa talking with each other, and for everyones' surprise they actually got along. Their spouses were sitting next to them, commenting their conversations every now and then. While her mother and uncle got along,  Celeste could see the tension between her father and uncle ― she remembers that uncle Will wasn't Lucius' biggest fan.

"Oh that's cute," Olivia smiled and pointed at a photograph by the fire mantle.

A small photograph of Celeste and Draco decorated the fire mantle. In the photograph Draco was chasing his sister.

"It is," sighed Narcissa and quickly glanced at Draco and then at Celeste, her heart warming by the sight of both of her children. 

Leo tried his best to bond with Draco although the brother wasn't too keen into the idea of talking with his sister's boyfriend. Draco's sulking spirits however rose when his father joined his conversation with Leo, grilling the life out of the Marchal boy.

"How long have you known my daughter?" Asked Lucius, his eyes narrowing with each word.

"For several years now, sir," said Leo.

Lucius didn't say another word to the boy. He however smirked every time his son tested Leo. Draco kept asking Leo about his family, who he was friends with to name a few. 

Draco had always wanted to be that overprotective brother to his sister. He was that when they were children but once Celeste was taken ― he had no sister to protect. 

On the other side of the room, William was telling stories to Narcissa about Celeste due the woman's wishes.

"She was a easy child. Very mature from a young age," said William. 

"Sometimes it felt like I was the adult," smirked Celeste but her smirk faded quickly as she felt her head starting to hurt.

William noticed this right away. "Are you alright?"

Celeste tried to nod but couldn't. William and Olivia immediately started to hover around their niece. Celeste knew what was wrong ― she was having some afterwards symptoms of the Cruciatus Curse. 

"Ummm..." started Celeste.

She knew that her aunt and uncle will throw a fit if they would know that she met You-know-who and that he tortured her. However she couldn't lie to them, they were her guardians and have every right to know.