35. most wonderful time of the year

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CHRISTMAS,

even when feeling sad and longing for her parents and brother, Celeste felt grateful that she was able to be with her uncle Will and Liv. She also adored her aunt Andy and her cousin and uncle Ted. Christmas time in London, muggle London to be more exact, was wonderful. Families shopping for presents, ice skating and drinking hot chocolate. Just last afternoon, Celeste and Leo had gone ice skating together, and it was wonderful. It made Celeste forget all of her worries, all her fears and doubts. 

Celeste grinned at her cousin Nymphadora who showed her some of her childhood photographs. Nymphadora Tonks must had been the cheekiest child there was. In all the photographs she was goofing around, causing her parents headaches. 

While the two cousins were giggling together,Leo and Ted had gone out to get last minute Christmas preparations. Celeste was quite shocked on how well Leo and Ted got along, although it did take Ted some time until he was completely comfortable with his almost niece's boyfriend.

Few months ago, Celeste had bid her goodbyes not only to her family but to her friends. Harry, Ron and Hermione had left to find and destroy the Horcruxes that held parts of Voldemort's soul. Celeste thought it was quite ironic, she didn't think Voldemort had a soul. She though of him as nothing but an empty shell who does nothing else than tears families apart, hers included.

"Celeste darling," Andromeda walked into the living room where her niece and daughter were giggling. The elder Tonks woman couldn't help but smile by the sight of the two cousins sharing memories and secrets. 

"Yes auntie?" Celeste asked, turning to face her aunt. 

Andromeda sat next to the girls. "I have a present for you, but it's a one I couldn't wrap..." she said secretively.

Tonks beamed happily, Celeste was sure she knew what Andromeda was talking about. Celeste observed her aunt's face for a minute, and tried to see her mind. Ever since Celeste had entered the Tonks household, she and her cousin had become determined to practice Celeste's abilities.

Then Celeste managed to see Andromeda's mind and thoughts. Celeste's lips formed a huge smile and she wrapped her arms around Andromeda. "Really?!" She squealed before letting go.

"Really," Andromeda smiled softly and on that note, the living room door opened and Nathan and Beth walked in.

It didn't take Celeste longer than two seconds to jump up from the sofa, and lounge to her best friends. Beth let out a tiny sob when she felt her best friend's ― the girl she thought as her sister ― arms around her. Nathan immediately pecked Celeste's cheek.