7. i set fire to the rain

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

LATER THAT SAME DAY

the students of Hogwarts retired to their room for a good and long sleep after a long and exciting day. Hermione and Beth had already fallen asleep while Celeste rolled from one side to another on her bed, feeling restless. Her mind was moving a thousand miles an hour, she thought about that disappointment of a memory potion and her stupid defense mechanism that appears to block her access to her past. 

Celeste has never really cared about her past and especially when her parents died she thought that wanting to now would somehow offend her parents memory and legacy. But then luckily she has her uncle and Olivia, who assured that if she'd ever like to know; they would be there with her, every step of the way.

Celeste looked at the clock; three am in the morning and she hasn't fallen asleep yet. She could her the clock ticking like a time bomb waiting for to be exploded. She looked around and realized that the room has never looked darker than this night; she extended her arm forwards so see could see it, but all she could see was blackness, like her memory. After an hour Celeste was finally able to fall asleep after countless of tries and efforts.

⋆*·゚:⋆*·゚:⠀ *⋆.*:·゚ .: ⋆*·゚: .⋆

Little four years old Celeste looked at her reflection from the window of the ice cream parlor as she took a spoonful of her favorite ice cream flavor. She observed the world on the other side the window; eager children running on the streets and getting ready for their first year at Hogwarts, their parents chasing after them, the autumn leafs falling from the trees making the fall looking so beautiful and elegant.

Celeste then stared at herself from her reflection; her blond lock were braided into to french braids, her lips were filled with brown ice cream and her eyes shined with the light. Oh how she loved spending her Friday's in the Diagon Alley, eating her favorite double fudge ice cream.

"Mama!" Celeste squealed. "I'm ready!" She beamed proudly and caught her mother's attention.

"Good, my little love," her mother said and kissed the top of her head, but just when little Celeste was about to turn her head towards the voice.....

⋆*·゚:⋆*·゚:⠀ *⋆.*:·゚ .: ⋆*·゚: .⋆

"Mama?" Celeste sighed and opened her eyes.

 She looked around and saw the dark room and heard her two friends breathing fast asleep. "It was a memory," she sighed.