31. i didn't like the ending

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE 

frowned when her parents came to her room, all smiley and happy. That was a very unusual sight, normally they had worry in their eyes. She got up from her bed and walked over to her parents who immediately trapped her into a huge embrace. Celeste sighed and hugged them back, taking her parents hug in, knowing that she won't be with them for too long.

"What has gotten you two so smiley?" Celeste asked as she carefully pulled away from her parents. "Don't take it the wrong way, I really like seeing you like this but it's just little strange."

Narcissa chuckled. "We thought that we could spend some family time now. Especially since..."

"...since I'm going away and don't know when I'll see you again," Celeste sighed, looking down at the floor. She took a deep breath in and exhaled, if her parents weren't crying, neither was she. She lifted her head up again and met her parents' adoring eyes. "So, what are we going to do?"

"Well, we thought maybe we could have a little late birthday evening for you and Draco," Lucius said as he smoothened Celeste's hair.

"Birthday? It was months ago," Celeste frowned.

Narcissa gasped before shaking her head. "W-when have you celebrated it?" She never realized that Celeste probably didn't know her real birthday.

"In January...it's very common with adopted children. They aren't entirely sure how old we're so our birthdays are usually the first of January," Celeste explained and by the look on her parents faces, her birthday wasn't first of January. "And it clearly isn't on January. When is it?"

"Fifth of June," Narcissa smiled fondly. And then it occurred her, if Celeste didn't know her birthday, how did she know her real name. "If you didn't know your birthday, how did you know your name?"

Celeste shrugged. "Apparently there was a note with my name and the year I was born when I was found in front of the orphanage."

"Oh, I see," Narcissa sighed with teary eyes before glancing at Lucius who tried his best not to spill any tears.

"But it was a nice effort from Dumbledore" Celeste smirked. "At least I got to keep my name."

Lucius grimaced at the mention of the man who was responsible for the years of pain his family's been through. Then he turned to look at his daughter and couldn't' help but smile by the sight of her. The moment was however stopped short when he heard a too familiar sob escaping his wife's lips.