43. let the sky fall

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

THERE 

were loud cries coming from everyone but Hermione, Ron and Ginny's topped them all. Mr Weasley tried to hold his daughter who desperately wanted to run to Harry who was laying still in Hagrid's arms. Celeste grabbed Leo's upper arm while Draco walked forward, only to catch the eyes of his parents. 

Celeste felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up, it was William. She felt like crying but swallowed the urge ― but she was just so grateful that her uncle was all right.

That he was alive.

Celeste chose to stay in the back row, Voldemort would most likely kill her if he saw her. When she carefully tiptoed to see above others, she spotted her parents in the front row of the other side. Celeste swallowed, her parents looked absolutely traumatized and worried out of their minds. And no wonder, both of their children were now standing on the other side.

"Silence!" Cried Voldemort, and there was a bang and a flash of bright light, and silence was forced upon them all. "It is over! Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!"

Celeste watched as Hagrid lowered Harry on the grass. She tightened her grip around Leo's arm.

"You see? Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!" Voldemort declared and with that, Ron Weasley chose to speak.

"He beat you!" yelled Ron, and the charm broke, and the defenders of Hogwarts were shouting and screaming again until a second, more powerful bang extinguished their voices once more.

Celeste jumped a little with the loud bang. "H-he can't be dead," she whispered to herself. 

There was no way that Harry freaking Potter, the Boy who lived was now dead. Celeste carefully took few steps ahead, wanting to get a better look but William pulled her hand.

"Don't, he might see you," William warned her quietly and Celeste stopped.

What could she do? Bring the boy back to life? No, she can't do that. No one can. 

Celeste's eyes wandered back to Draco and then to their parents who kept staring at Draco, questions of their daughter's whereabouts drilled in their eyes. But Draco didn't nod or shook his head. He didn't give any information, he had shut his mind.