25. empty bottle takes the rain

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

IT HAS BEEN

two months since Celeste last saw Narcissa, and since she quite literally broke Narcissa's heart. It has also been little over a month since Beth and Nathan left. It was hard at first and there are moments when Celeste looked over her shoulder to see her two best friends laughing with her ― only to realize that they were gone. Luckily Celeste had Leo and their relationship has flourished.

Celeste hasn't said a word to Narcissa since she last saw her and told her about her decision. Draco doesn't talk to her and turns his head around every time she's around, just so he can't see her. Celeste didn't blame him, he was quite upset when Celeste told him that she wants to live her life without him and their family, and he was even more upset when he found out about Leo. Or he didn't exactly found out about him, but he surely does know. 

"Nothing," Leo sighed and sat next to Celeste who had her nose in her book.

Celeste snapped and dropped her book on the floor. "Thanks," she sneered before giving Leo a kiss on his cheek. "What nothing?"

"I tried to follow the lead, on who took you but I didn't find anything," Leo explained frowning. "And it seems like you haven't even tried to find out."

"Maybe I don't want to," Celeste said matter of factly. "I'm not going to have any sort of a relationship with the Malfoys', so why should I find out about what happened."

"Cause you wanted to," Leo frowned even harder. "Unless you don't want anymore."

"I don't," Celeste said and picked her book. She took a deep breath in and exhaled. "I do, I do want to find out but there's nothing, really. No reliable leads or anything. I just don't want to waist time on it."

Leo nodded, he understood Celeste's point. "I have one more lead and after that we can stop."

Celeste smiled gratefully, she was grateful. Leo has been a great help with everything but even greater help was William who was working at the Ministry of Magic and was able to provide information to Leo and Celeste. Not too much was known, Celeste was found in front of an orphanage by the sisters and spent the next few months there before the Starlings adopted her. The only leads they had were the people who spent few days in America after Celeste was left by the orphanage. 

"So who is it? The last one?" Celeste asked curiously. 

"Barty Crouch Junior," Leo said, his eyes fixated at his girlfriend who looked like she could had pass out. "He's dead now so we can't really ask him but I'm sure we can do something."