36. hot and heavy, pumpkin pie

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

HOLIDAYS

came and went. It was definitely a time when Celeste was truly happy once again, not thinking about her unfortunate life. Celeste spent every hour of the day talking with her uncle and Liv, her best friends, aunt Andromeda and cousin Tonks, gushing over the fact that her cousin was about to have a child.

Celeste teased Tonks about naming the child after her, if it was to be a girl. When there was so much darkness in the world, she was glad that there was some happiness like a new addition to the family. Celeste had also gotten to know Remus Lupin a little better. She had already met him some time ago but never really got to know him, but now she did and she absolutely adored him. He was so sweet, yet mysterious and very caring. He was a very important person in Harry's life now, especially after Sirius' death. But the main point; Celeste was happy-ish.

Speaking of happiness, Beth and Nathan all stayed. Celeste was happy about it but scared as well. What if something would happen to them? She would never be able to forgive herself. But then again having them with her, she feels less homesick. Homesick either to her life in America or to her parents and brother. Celeste sighed, she was doing Beth's hair while Nathan wrote a new composed piece to his notebook. She has missed this. All three of them, spending time together like in the olden days. 

"Are you sure your parents won't be upset that you're staying here a little longer? I mean it is quite dangerous," Celeste broke the silence in the room, making Beth and Nate turn towards her. "The last time, they basically dragged you back to America..."

Nathan sighed and placed his notebook side. "Mine weren't too happy but they adore you and understood my loyalty to you," he explained.

"Mine as well. Also Will and Olivia promised to keep us safe," Beth continued, moving herself closer to Celeste and placing her head on her shoulder.

"If only a promise would keep you safe," Celeste sighed pouting. "Things are getting worse every day."

"Yes but things aren't that great in America either," Nathan reminded Celeste whom he had sent letters for the past months. The war wasn't only affecting England, it was affecting everyone and everywhere. 

Celeste nodded, she understood this but anywhere was better than in England now. "There's nothing I can say to make you leave and get to safety?"

Beth shook her head chuckling. "You're stuck with us. I'd thought you already knew this."

"I knew that," Celeste said and cracked a smile. "But honestly, I've missed you so much. Everything has changed but having you here is really making everything better."