24. slipping through my fingers

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE SAT

on the edge of her brother's bed while the boy just stared blankly at the wall on the other side of the infirmary. She had just told Draco that she has asked her aunt and uncle to speak with Narcissa, and to say the least, Draco wasn't thrilled. He was actually surprised how sad and upset he felt about it. He hasn't really got to know Celeste again, and now she wanted nothing to do with him or the family.

"Mother will be devastated," Draco stated bluntly, hoping that the guilt will change her mind.

"I can maybe visit you sometimes," Celeste said calmly and glanced at her brother.

He looked a lot like their father, whom Celeste met once at the Department of Mysteries. There was a spark of relief and sadness whenever Celeste thought about their father. She was glad that she wasn't going to meet him, at least not yet. She was sure he must be furious with her, she's a blood-traitor. Hermione is a muggle and now one of her closest friends and Celeste adores the Weasley family. Then she feels sadness as well, because according to Narcissa, Lucius absolutely loved his little princess.

Draco huffed quietly and turned to look at Celeste. "When are you telling her?"

"Soon," Celeste sighed. "I think, I don't know."

"Well you should figure it out because she'll be here shortly," Draco told Celeste.

Celeste pressed her lips into a thin line. "Marvelous."

The twins stayed quiet for awhile before Draco opened his mouth again. "What made you come to this decision?"

"Umm, I just don't think I'll fit in and there are just so many things that I can't deal with," Celeste explained carefully.

Draco just frowned before hearing a very familiar, frantic, voice coming towards them. "That must be mother," Draco sighed and carefully pushed himself to sit.

He knew that his mother is going to be furious at Potter and probably will sue him and Celeste informing that she's leaving is not going to help the situation at all.

"Draco!" Narcissa exclaimed and ran to her son. She gently pulled him to a warm embrace. "Thank Merlin you're all right. I was so worried when Severus owled me and I couldn't help but think the worst and..."

"Mother breath," Draco smirked at his mother, who took a deep breath in.

"You're all right, that's good," Narcissa repeated and caressed Draco's cheek before she turned her head slightly to her right, where her daughter was standing.