14. into the flood

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE CAREFULLY

opend her eyes as the light hit her face. She blinked her eyes few times before she got them completely open and saw her uncle sleeping on a chair next to her bed. She had no recollection what had happened; all she remember was that she fell asleep on a bench and then...

The memory.

Draco.

Mrs Malfoy.

"Oh Merlin no," Celeste said and woke her uncle in process. "Will..." she sighed and gave her a shy smile. "W-what are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in London?"

"When my niece is found unconscious, I leave London in a heartbeat," said William and there was a sign of relief as he looked at his niece. "What happened, kiddo?" 

"You love me, right? And no matter what, you will always love me," Celeste asked with a sound of panic in her voice.

William was stunned by his niece's question. "Yes kid, I love you no matter what," he said and placed a stray of Celeste's blond hair behind her ear. "What is it?"

"I remember," Celeste whispered so quietly that William could barely hear it. "I remember," she repeated louder this time.

William observed his niece's face and then it hit her. "Cele, you remember your past?"

He remembers Celeste expressing her interest towards her past but she hasn't really said anything about it since the summer. He had thought she didn't want to know anymore. William had been very supportive over it though, he didn't mind that Celeste wanted to know more about her past. He didn't take it personally ― and Celeste had made it really clear that she didn't want to know because she didn't want to be with William and Olivia. She just wanted to know. 

Celeste's eyes started to fill with tears, she threw her arms around her uncle's neck and held on for a dear time. "I am a goddamned Malfoy...." she muttered.

William pressed a kiss on Celeste's temple and rubbed her back in soothing circles to clam her down, the same way he did when Celeste's parents had died. He held her niece for hours until she finally stopper crying and pulled away from him.

 "I'm a freaking mess," Celeste chuckled and wiped her tears away. "I wanted to know but now...."

"Can I ask you something?" William asked and got a nod as an answer from his niece. "Are you just upset that you're a Malfoy or that you're a Malfoy and your Gryffindor friends aren't their biggest fans?" He quizzed her. "Or because I expressed that I don't like Lucius Malfoy..."