21. trouble when you walked in

─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────

CELESTE, NATHAN AND BETH

sat on a bench just outside of the school's walls. The early spring air was still quite chilly, giving them a nice little breeze. Celeste kept thinking about the conversation she had with Ron and Harry a week ago. How hard she had defended her new/old family, and she felt a slight amount of proud. 

She knew that the Malfoys have done bad things but she truly believed that they weren't that evil or bad. They haven't killed. Bellatrix has sure, but she wasn't mentally well. That's what Celeste keeps telling herself. If Bella wouldn't had spent the last fourteen years in Azkaban, she would be normal. Or normal-ish.

"Now Cele, a penny for your thoughts," Beth smiled and brought Celeste back to reality.

"Oh, it's nothing," Celeste said with a half smile which immediately blew her cover.

Nathan sighed and wrapped his arm around Celeste's shoulder. "You know lying isn't good. Or if you insist on lying, you should be more convincing."

"It's just that I'm sort of rethinking what Harry said," Celeste sighed and looked at her hands which were placed on her knees. "I mean Bella really did kill Sirius and tried to kill others as well. And Merlin knows how many she has already killed. 

"Then there's Lucius, I remember him being so kind and loving towards me when I was a child but the man I saw at the Department of Mysteries wasn't the same. I know I know, that loosing a child changes a person but still..." Celeste rambled the end of her speech. "I'm afraid that Harry might have been right."

"Cele I hope you aren't changing your opinion over your family because of what Harry and Ron thinks. And I really hope you didn't cancel the weekend over at the manor because of them either." Beth analyzed her friend. You could see the pure regret on Celeste's face, she really has ignored her mother and Draco ever since Harry and Ron expressed their opinions.

"It's all right, as long as it's your choice to doubt them. We don't blame you for that," Nathan nodded approvingly. Neither of Celeste's friends were judgmental but they knew Celeste better than anyone else, and they knew that Celeste truly wants to be a part of her biological family again but the times are tough. And so are the people living them. "How did your mother react to your absence?"

Celeste sighed, looking back at her hands on her knees. "She wasn't happy for sure. She said that she understood, and hopes that I'll visit her soon," she told her friends when her eyes started to shed few tears. "Merlin, I feel so bad but I just need time to think. I just went along with her happiness when I was found that I completely forgot to really check the facts."